Original topic:

Should I give up on flips and get a different device?

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
kchap132
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

So I have a first generation flip, and for a whole year it was fine, no issues besides minor screen scratches. One morning I flip ir open like usual, and there's a crack in my crease.

Of course I'm upset because this is not a user issue, in fact I am very gentle on my phone. I proceeded to flip my phone very gently, and leave it opened overnight. Again, a week later I go to open it gently and now there's a long white convex bubble?? It's very big, and it protrudes from my screen.

Now I'm very upset, as now I'm scared to flip my phone at all, and haven't shut it once.

I'm now at a crossroad to where I a): upgrade to the flip 5 in hopes it's more durable, even though others are telling me this is inevitable. Or do I b): give up on flips (though I adore them), and trade this one in for like a galaxy 24 or something.

Please help, I tried so many forums and got nothing helpful.

1 Reply
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@kchap132 It sounds like the screen protector has failed and is separating from the screen. Seems like having this happen after 4 years wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

The Flip 6 is a lot different than the original Flip. 

I started using the Fold at the Fold 3. Once I used it a day or so, there was no going back to a candy bar type phone. The screen protector on that started coming off at one year and Samsung replaced it for free. Since then I have had the 4, 5, and now the Fold 6. Love it! 

0 Likes