JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to use Google wallet when I had on my past phone.

(Topic created: 04-14-2024 05:15 AM)
userxpvWrNCDQy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Why
23 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Have you factory reset your phone? Is there any other app on your phone that uses NFC that you can test? I would say, regardless of what the diagnostics say, something is wrong with your NFC if neither pay app works.

One more question. Are you placing the phone face up or face down when you try to pay? I think it works best with the phone face down on the reader, as I believe the NFC transmitter is behind the screen.

0 Likes
Solution
userxpvWrNCDQy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I was FINALLY able to use my pay with phone today! I'm so happy! I believe the problem may have been the case it was in. I switched to one that is clear, and I took the stick on wallet from the back. The stick on wallet could have been interfering with the signal. Not sure, just a hunch. Hopefully this will do the trick.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Yes, a case can definitely interfere with the signal, which is actually why I suggested placing the phone face down on the reader, as cases do not usually cover the screen. More than likely, though, it was the stick-on wallet, especially if you had stuff in it.  The more stuff you pile on top of a sensor, the less likely it is to work.

0 Likes
userxpvWrNCDQy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thanks to everyone that tried to help me!
0 Likes