JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Using this phone for months now I have to do this?

(Topic created: 08-27-2023 07:20 PM)
User-derfined
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Any reason why I would need this to operate a  camera
8 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Apparently it's to record sound through Bluetooth mics. I would allow it. This is a very basic permission for a camera app to require and isn't strange whatsoever.🙂
User-derfined
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Why would a camera app need any permissions past acces to file storage (now video ) needs access to mic but nothing needs access to Bluetooth for sounds
Intrinz1c
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

If you're using things like a BT mic, or Galaxy Buds (which can work as a field mic) the app needs those permissions. This is a pretty straight forward functionality that you're kinda blowing out of proportion.

User-derfined
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I can understand a little bit if I just open up the phone and say Hey. We require these permissions for this to work. It would be weird but that would be like well o k. After months of use all of a sudden, it's requiring it. Just to let anyone know. I don't have galaxy earbuds and even with my Bluetooth of It's still requiring permissions to even run. I don't see a point in it. Why would you need to retort sound and there's no Bluetooth
Intrinz1c
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I think in this instance, you're a corner case. The vast majority of users use some type of BT earbud so the camera just asks for that permission out of the gate and no one ever thinks about it again. I also think you're misunderstanding how the OS handles app permissions too. Apps and the Android OS aren't static things and features get added/changed often. When they do, the OS requires the new permissions to be verified again. That's why you're seeing it. Again, with no disrespect, this is a very normal thing for any modern smartphone
User-derfined
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Here is what a standard camera permissions should look likeScreenshot_20230827-230744.jpg
User-derfined
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Looks like I'm to odd fashion
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It's a standard permission. I haven't had any issues in years letting my camera use this.
0 Likes