JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What does this icon mean on cover screen?

(Topic created: 11-13-2023 08:53 AM)
Uri1
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Icon in question 

I think it's been visible since I got the phone a couple days ago. Just curious what it means or what setting I have turned on. I haven't seen it on other cover screens.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Uri1
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It was the last option you mentioned! Turns out when my carrier (AT&T) was installing my SIM card they had left a physical sim card in my phone even though they install an eSIM. That notification is an alert that there's a another SIM card active. I went into SAFE mode and checked to see if that icon was there but there was actually two! This was because SAFE mode disabled cell services. I removed the physical sim card since its not being used anyways and that icon is gone now. Thanks for the help!!

View solution in context

10 Replies
Zrnie
Nebula
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The circle and digit number one is usually associated with LOREM IPSUM

Which is a default filler (look up the term LOREM IPSUM)

Are you using an old widget no longer available? Or wallpaper?

...just my guess
0 Likes
Uri1
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Using widgets and wallpaper that are natively available. Again, brand new phone. I don't see the icon on the status bar when I open up the phone only when I use the cover screen.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Could this be a missed call icon?
0 Likes
Uri1
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
No missed calls. The icon disappears when I open up the phone. It's only there when I use the cover screen. I have no idea what it's suppose to symbolize.
0 Likes
Uri1
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
What it looks like without zooming in1699910042718_1699910042709_0.jpg
Zrnie
Nebula
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I'm thinking it might be a developer setting that was triggered on by accident

Or maybe a routine (mode)?

What about the setting for unlocking your phone if you are home or using a Bluetooth device?

I have to think it does look like a timer, similar to the camera flash timer

Did you search for the image online? Like using Google lens or Bixby?
0 Likes
Uri1
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Developer settings turned off, no routines or modes enabled. No unlocking phone if home or anything like that enabled. I reset my camera settings to see if that helped get rid of it if it was a camera timer but no luck. I did search the icon online but nothing relating to samsung devices.
0 Likes
Zrnie
Nebula
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have a Flip5, I will check later today if I find anything.

Do you use the GOOD LOCK and GOOD GUARDIANS apps from Samsung?
0 Likes
Zrnie
Nebula
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Look into DEVICE CARE and or PERFORMANCE PROFILE

This status bar icon or notification icon might be associated with either of those.

Attached is the screenshot of the plugin QUICKSTAR from Good Lock app on my Flip5

You can specifically turn on/off icons. I'm not sure if this is one that can be if it is from either of those apps

Plus here is the list from the Samsung website.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-do-the-different-indicator-icons-mean-on-your...

Starting to believe this might be from a separate app. You might want to use the GOOD GUARDIANS app and use the plugin called MEMORY GUARDIAN.

Slowly remove from memory each app loaded. Maybe you can see which is doing it.

Another option is it might be from the cellular carrier, a status bar icon they use but highly doubtful Screenshot_20231113_170656_QuickStar.jpg
0 Likes