JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Z Fold 6 - viewing 50MP photos cause screen flickering and equalizer settings greyed out

(Topic created: 08-03-2024 02:41 PM)
africanis
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Just received my brand new Z Fold 6 and found 2 annoying bugs. Not sure if it's software related or not. If anyone can advise if they are having the same issues, feel free to comment. I have already reached out to Samsung for a replacement unit.

Issue 1:

When viewing 50MP photos in the Gallery app, I am experiencing the screen flickering in brightness when pinching and zooming in and out. I specifically notice it only happens when the 50MP photo crosses over 1/2 way over the top front facing camera lens. When the top part of the photo crosses halfway, the screen begins to flicker bright and dim. I've tried capturing this with a screenshot recorder, but it doesn't show up. Also it happens on the front and inner screens, and again, only on 50MP photos.

*UPDATE* Issue #1 seems to be happening only on 50MP HEIC files, not with JPG files. So def a software bug. Issue with the screen does not happen when using the Google Photos app to view the 50MP HEIC photos. Seems to be a bug with the Gallery app. Samsung please fix this!

Issue 2:

In the Equalizer settings, the first two bands (63 & 125) are greyed out and not able to adjust. I've never seen that before. Dolby Atmos enabled and disabled does nothing to fix this.

7 Replies
RTech2018
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Did you try to turn off the adaptive brightness for issue #1?
0 Likes
africanis
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yes. No difference.
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I don't experience #1 either with or without Adaptive Brightneee

Mine Equalizer is the same **bleep** in #2

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
africanis
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Very weird. It really does seem like a bug but maybe it is a sensor issue on my device. Weird that it happens on both screens though. And only 50MP shots.
0 Likes
africanis
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
*UPDATE* Issue #1 seems to be happening only on 50MP HEIC files, not with JPG files. So def a software bug. Samsung please fix this!
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Still does not do it on my Fold 6.

Clear the Gallery app cache and perform a soft reset by pressing and holding Power and Vol Down until the device reboots. 

I'd that doesn't help then Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
africanis
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Good suggestions, but no dice. Issue still remains after doing both.
0 Likes