Original topic:

Galaxy Buds aren't discoverable unless I unpair them from other device

(Topic created: 05-08-2023 06:52 PM)
j_smith898
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Good evening,

As the subject states, I am encountering a bizarre issue with my Galaxy Buds Plus. As of just today, my buds are not discoverable on one device when they are paired to another. For example, if they're connected to my PC and I want to use them on my Android phone, I have to completely remove the device from my PC before my phone is able to detect them via Bluetooth. The opposite is true as well: if they're connected to my phone, I have to first completely unpair them from my phone before my PC even detects them when I try to "Add Device". 

I'm fairly certain it is neither my phone or PC causing this and I have already reset the buds using the Galaxy Wearables app for Android. This has never happened before and I've always been able to quickly switch between my phone or PC as needed. 

Any suggestions? 😓 Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. I can certainly understand your concern with the buds having to be fully disconnected from your PC or phone in order to pair to the other device. Are you pairing your Galaxy Buds plus through the wearables app on both devices?

Have you had a software update to your phone or PC lately?

Just to clarify are you putting your buds back in your charging case when trying to pair with your other device?

Note: When your earbuds are connected to a device with a Samsung account, the Bluetooth information will be synced to your other Samsung devices automatically. Give this link a try for troubleshooting step for Pairing your earbuds to another device while still connected to your current device: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00086702/

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend a service repair.

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. I can certainly understand your concern with the buds having to be fully disconnected from your PC or phone in order to pair to the other device. Are you pairing your Galaxy Buds plus through the wearables app on both devices?

Have you had a software update to your phone or PC lately?

Just to clarify are you putting your buds back in your charging case when trying to pair with your other device?

Note: When your earbuds are connected to a device with a Samsung account, the Bluetooth information will be synced to your other Samsung devices automatically. Give this link a try for troubleshooting step for Pairing your earbuds to another device while still connected to your current device: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00086702/

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend a service repair.

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

0 Likes
osagendn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I had this issue and I fixed it and I wanted to share how I did this.  When I got my ear buds they paired to my phone with out issue.  But when I tried to pair them to my PC they would not.  No matter how many times I tried to pair them.  I realized that they do not support multi-device pairing.  So, I had to turn off my phones Bluetooth then when I went to pair the devices they showed up!

Kinda stinks they only support 1 device at a time.  I have a pair of JBL Active 65t's and I can have my phone and my PC connected at the same time.

Come on Samsung!

Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds

It seems like you are experiencing difficulties with getting your Galaxy Buds Pro 2 into pairing mode. It's great that you were able to resolve the issue by turning off your phone's Bluetooth, but it's frustrating that the Buds Pro 2 only support single-device pairing at a time.

I can suggest a few general troubleshooting steps you could try if you encounter pairing issues in the future:

1. Reset the Galaxy Buds Pro 2: Sometimes, resetting the earbuds can resolve pairing issues. Check the user manual or the Samsung website for instructions on how to perform a reset.

2. Update firmware: Make sure your Galaxy Buds Pro 2 have the latest firmware installed. You can usually update the firmware through the Galaxy Wearable app or the Samsung Galaxy Buds app, depending on your device.

3. Forget and re-pair: If you encounter pairing issues with a specific device, try forgetting the Buds Pro 2 from the device's Bluetooth settings and then re-pairing them.

4. Check compatibility: Ensure that the device you are trying to pair the earbuds with is compatible and supports Bluetooth audio connectivity.

5. Check for interference: Bluetooth connectivity can be affected by other devices or Wi-Fi networks in the vicinity. Try pairing the earbuds in a different location with fewer potential sources of interference.

If you continue to experience issues, you may want to reach out to Samsung's customer service for further assistance.
Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ⬇

0 Likes