JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds series volume is low

(Topic created: 03-29-2020 08:58 AM)
user2C9IYRCqAq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have galaxy buds 33AA and they were working fine till yesterday. I tried unpairing and pairing them again. Tried increasing the bud volume and it's to the max level. Increased the media volume and nothing ..found one solution online in developers option and diasbled absolute volume sync and still nothing. I don't have audio media sync in the blutooth advance setting so that's not an option. My phone is Galaxy S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1,416 Replies
userwVqAOCKcKg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

It's the only thing that's worked for me so far .I'm zen about the warranty. I figure I'll probably get the 2019 pair anyway and no one's saying that the buds stop when they next get sweaty. 

It's a shame that Samsung aren't selling a filter kit with new filters. At least that would show that they are aware of the issue and are dealing with it .

Thanks for the feedback though @SamsungAdam

0 Likes
user0pAZsYj8nx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

agreed i just got mines no more than a few days ago and the left one gone dead

0 Likes
userW9KiRBD1o6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Extra pads were included with my set (2weeks old, October 2018) Assumed they were for later but after reading here I swapped the right one and it worked.

0 Likes
usersmvT3LCc6m
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Just throwing in my two cents. I have the same issue. It occurs somewhat randomly on both buds, although as of yet never at the same time. It is not related to a bud being "master" since I switch this every day to increase playback time (one bud while I'm on the bike, then I put both buds in and switch the master to the fresh bud to get longer playback time each session). Sometimes a bud is low volume for several days/weeks, then suddenly it's back to normal volume. Othertimes the bud starts normal volume and within 10-15 minutes I can actually hear the volume drop by 80% until I almost can't hear it. It's like I'm turning the master volume down on my phone even though the volume is at max for the phone and the bud(s). I haven't tried removing the white protective screen, but I suspect that will definitely fix the problem. 

Also, this isn't just a samsung problem. This has happened on every pair of LG tone series headphones I've owned. It has almost always been the left ear bud. I used to just solder on a new ear bud from old or spare headphones when that would happen, but one time I accidentally tore off the mesh screen on the "broken" bud and suddenly the sound worked perfectly again. I never had a problem with that bud afterward. 

0 Likes
usergQZil8amcb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

It really disappointing that I didn't get it with my set

The left ear is really quiet

0 Likes
MindingMyOwnBZN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I bought my gear icon x in December 2018 and they came with extra filters and even a small brush with a thin metal loop on one end. Used to to clean the earbuds. 

I was also having the issue with left earpiece low sound .After removing the adhesive which I'm assuming melted due to heat the sound came back better . I will be replacing the mesh with the new ones that came with the earbuds when I bought them. 

user0oT94UEx1O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

So happy I saw this. This worked perfectly thanks. Happy i didn't throw the box away.

0 Likes
userzzCobTQZPa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

This link no longer works. Can you send updated link?

0 Likes
userCQwOfpZ1UX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Is there a newer link for cleaning the GEAR ICONX Ear buds? This is a bad link. Thank you.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Give this link a try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111323/#clean-the-galaxy-buds-or-gear-iconx-e...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes