JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I Can't track my Galaxy buds 2

(Topic created: 03-14-2024 04:41 AM)
sandrrv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
So i lost one of my earbuds and i wanted to find them on the galaxy wearable app on my GalaxyS22. And the only option that appears to "track" my earbuds is Find my earbuds, But only for the Loud beep sound. And it USED to automatically open The smartthings find app to See its location, But i can't do that anymore. Can someone give me advice on how to fix this or why it isn't working? 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for confirming. When you open the app and select the Buds, you will see one of two things.

If the Buds are not connected (in the case closed, or the battery is dead) you will see Search Nearby.

If the Buds are connected you will see an option to Ring them.

Selecting the More option will allow you to select Navigate to locate them. However, you cannot navigate if you are in the same location as the Buds, and will only see the visualization on the map.

If the buds are out of Bluetooth range (32 feet), or if their battery is dead, the app will show the earbud(s) as disconnected and will not be able to locate the earbud(s). Additionally, the earbuds may not beep if there are foreign substances or debris blocking the IR sensor. This function cannot be used to locate a missing charging case.

If you are unable to track your earbud, you will need to purchase a new one. You can do so on the Samsung website. Lost items are not covered by a standard warranty.

If you continue to experience concerns with the app, we recommend submitting an error report in the Members app using these steps: https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello sandrrv, Welcome to the Community.

You are correct. When selecting Find my earbuds in the Wearables app, the SmartThings app should open to SmartThings Find.

For reference, this article provides the steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080182/

Have you tried clearing the app cache for SmartThings to see if it will automatically open? 

You can also open the SmartThings app and select Devices, then select your earbuds. From there, scroll down and tap Find buds.

We hope this helps you locate the missing earbud.

sandrrv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I tried clearing my cache of the smartthings app and it yet only had the option to make noise for my earbuds. I can't even add it to "Find", it only has my Phone. I need help please, is it because of updates?
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

When you open the SmartThings app and select Devices, are you able to see the Buds 2 listed there?

0 Likes
sandrrv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yes i can see it but i cant track it, like there isnt a option
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for confirming. When you open the app and select the Buds, you will see one of two things.

If the Buds are not connected (in the case closed, or the battery is dead) you will see Search Nearby.

If the Buds are connected you will see an option to Ring them.

Selecting the More option will allow you to select Navigate to locate them. However, you cannot navigate if you are in the same location as the Buds, and will only see the visualization on the map.

If the buds are out of Bluetooth range (32 feet), or if their battery is dead, the app will show the earbud(s) as disconnected and will not be able to locate the earbud(s). Additionally, the earbuds may not beep if there are foreign substances or debris blocking the IR sensor. This function cannot be used to locate a missing charging case.

If you are unable to track your earbud, you will need to purchase a new one. You can do so on the Samsung website. Lost items are not covered by a standard warranty.

If you continue to experience concerns with the app, we recommend submitting an error report in the Members app using these steps: https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/

0 Likes