JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is there a way to connect the Galaxy Buds Pro to YouTube?

(Topic created: 04-16-2021 05:45 PM)
userHpjLOBa1el
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

These buds are awesome, except they only work with music and podcasts. There is no way to connect them to YouTube. Are they defective or does anyone have a solution? I went to the 

T-mobile store and the tech had no luck. 
0 Likes
9 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey @userHpjLOBa1el, I hope you're doing well.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Galaxy Buds Pro. They should output audio completely from any app, including YouTube. Can you please make sure you've updated the firmware on your Galaxy Buds Pro and make sure your YouTube app is completely updated to the latest version?

Let me know if you end up updating either or both. Please note that YouTube audio will stop playing with the screen off if you do not have YouTube Premium.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userHpjLOBa1el
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I do have You Tube premium. You Tube music plays with buds, but not other content. Everything is updated.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Buds

So it should work, mine do. 

Is this an issue in both the YT App and via the browser?  If it's just the app try uninstalling/reinstalling that.  Then I would unpair the Buds and redo the pairing.  Next I'd try deleting the BT cache.

It's gotta be a data or cache thing, maybe even the System cache.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Buds

As @bill-e has stated, it should work. Can you please try un-pairing the Buds and reconnect them?

You can also check your media output settings while the Buds Pro are connected. To do this, pull down your notification bar. Next, select the Media button (if you don't see a Media button, pull down further to your Quick Settings panel.) From the Media page, you can select where your audio will output from.

Hopefully that helps. 

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userHpjLOBa1el
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
Any other suggestions? It's still not working.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Buds

Is this an issue in both the YT App and via the browser?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userHpjLOBa1el
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I appreciate your help. I did return them and waiting for my replacement. I will let you you know if the problem was solved.
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Buds

Sounds good. Did you ever check the media output option that I mentioned before? Either way, hoping your new set works well.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

Solution
userHpjLOBa1el
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
Sorry to say that none of your options worked but I finally found my answer. There is a setting called sound separation that had to be disabled and then everything worked properly.