JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Will the Galaxy Buds Pro 2 also cause (infection?)

(Topic created: 08-10-2022 11:39 AM)
userYLyqYF5LU7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

So... I have had Buds, Buds+, Buds Pro, and Buds 2. I currently use Buds+ because I'm one of the [many] victims of the pro & 2 ear infection. I'm sure no one knows just yet, but I would love to know if the Buds Pro 2 are still going to cause the issues, or if they have used different materials to help with the issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern between the Galaxy Buds pro, buds 2 and buds 2 pro. Here is a list of the material used with the specific buds: https://www.samsung.com/au/audio-sound/galaxy-buds-material-usage-and-maintenance/ . If you do experience an allergic reaction please follow the steps in this link for further assistance: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Buds/Galaxy-Buds-Series-allergic-reaction/m-p/2059520#M25...

View solution in context

19 Replies
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Buds
Like a literal ear infection?
0 Likes
Chris19798
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yes. I had the same issue and had to go to my doctor and get some medication because my ear ached and oozed pus for a week after wearing them for less than 1 hour
userYLyqYF5LU7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
No. Like, the part of my ears that contact the buds becomes irritated, inflamed, red, flaky, and even leaky after a few hours / days use. 🤢

I have no allergies that I'm aware of and have never had any issue similar to this with anything else.

Here's the short of it, but if you search Galaxy Buds & Ear Infection you'll see that it's widespread.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-comments-on-Galaxy-Buds-Pro-and-Galaxy-Buds2-causing-ear-infec...

I ended up giving the Pro / 2 to my teenage kids who have no issues. 😁

I'd love to get the Pro2 but won't spend that kind of $ until I know I can actually use them!
userpkp0fmR6UV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I got a refund of $96 from Samsung for mine.
Chris19798
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Same. Paid $200 and only got $96 refund
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Buds
Do you know if the material is different than the pros that reported using nickel which caused ear infections for some people
Chris19798
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
How do I find out if the buds 2 Pro will have the same problem as the buds 2 and the buds Pro where they cause irritation inside the ear canal. This was a known issue with those two having had the same material used for the charging port.
Eshaan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Well they say they are having better sleek comfort. I have talked to people about this issue, and so far so good 👍

I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about anything 😊
betancd
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
I never had any issues with the last pro.
0 Likes