JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can I use Samsung Pass without the biometrics?

(Topic created: 08-12-2023 02:15 PM)
Members_abBirCC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

I just got my Fold 5 and am trying to use Samsung Pass to save passwords, but although I log in when asked, it then wants me to set up biometrics with a fingerprint. Screen protectors don't allow that function to work and even if they did, when you're as old as I am, you'll find out that your fingerprints wear off with age (and no, I'm not kidding), so stuff requiring fingerprints don't work. I don't want to use the biometrics feature, but I still want my passwords saved. Can I get around this? If not, is there a password remembering app you can recommend so I can skip this altogether?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

A pin/password should be allowed as long as no fingerprints are registered to the device. 

I'm happy we settled this question! This info will definitely be useful to other Community Members who are wondering about this in the future! 🙂

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello! Unfortunately, I don't believe it is possible to use Samsung Pass without having at least 1 fingerprint registered. 😞

Have you tried checking if facial recognition works?

Members_abBirCC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thanks for your response!

It hasn't asked for facial recognition, only fingerprint. Is there a way to prompt it for facial recognition?

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hmm. I tried myself. If facial recognition is an option for Samsung Pass (and it very well might not be), you'd likely have to remove your fingerprints from the phone (which I shamelessly admit that I'm not willing to do LOL ðŸ˜…).

0 Likes
Members_abBirCC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Well, it never accepted my fingerprint, for the reasons I mentioned (namely, I'm older than dirt), so that's not a problem!

I'm #58 in line for Samsung's online support folks, so if I live long enough, I might get an answer from them. Although I'm not hopeful... Meanwhile, I'll go look for a password-saving app that doesn't require stuff some of us can't provide.

Thanks!

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Fold

If you have no fingerprints, does facial recognition work? Settings>Security and privacy>Biometrics. I'm thinking that it won't, being that face unlock is considered a less secure method compared to fingerprints. 

0 Likes
Members_abBirCC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

You're right that it's not an option. Any suggestions for a good password remembering app that doesn't require biometrics?

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

So many devices don't have fingerprint readers, my Tab S4 for 1.  I use Samsung Pass for that and it uses the camera to scan my eyes. 

Try deleting your fingerprints and set up Face recognition in the lock Screen and see if Pass, or 1Password prompt you for your face since that is what will be enabled on the tablet. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Fold

1Password can use FaceID

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Fold

Even Samsung Pass should use whatever you have set up for your lockscreen. 

Bill
---