JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Option to swipe down fingerprint sensor for notification panel

(Topic created: 08-04-2023 11:44 AM)
Phantom
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
May I know why this is removed from the Fold5 and Flip5? I used this feature every single day and now it's gone. It's detrimental to keep this feature so can it be added back with a software update??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jess04
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
This was Samsung's response to my error submission 🙄😮💨
I don't understand why they couldn't have kept that feature, considering it was a toggle switch on previous versions. 🤔 Screenshot_20230814_111013_Samsung Members_1000005460_1692025813.png

View solution in context

33 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Phantom 

No one on these peer-to-peer forums would know the reason why, unfortunately/

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

natejung
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Please bring this back!
Phantom
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Try submitting error reports in Samsung Members to them. If enough people do it, we can get this feature back hopefully.
AllieCatOwO
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I heard it's because they switched to an optical scanner instead of capacitive, and unfortunately you can't do gestures with those. I wish they could've made it maybe 2 taps on the fingerprint sensor to bring it down or something like that atleast 😕 In super bummed, it was one of my favorite things! every phone I've had since my pixel 2 had the fingerprint gestures....
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@AllieCatOwO The Fold 5 uses a capacitive sensor, just like the Fold 4. 

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-z-fold-5/specs/

AllieCatOwO
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
guess I won't believe everything on reddit, thanks 🙂 hopefully they add it back soon!
2ndHalfCor
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

This is a very tall phone and it was the way I used my Flip 4 constantly. Thinking of returning the Flip 5 and keeping the 4. This makes no sense to me.

0 Likes
Jess04
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hey Samsung, 

I noticed that the Finger Sensor Gestures Feature is missing on the new Z Flip5. Do you think you could add that on with a quick software update very soon? With the phone being so tall, its a really helpful feature to pull down the notification shade while in an app. 

Thanks
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Jess04 Yes, it's very possible. Be sure to submit this feature request in the Samsung Members app under Support at the bottom>Send feedback>submit as an Error report.