Original topic:

Samsungs New Fold 5

(Topic created: 07-31-2023 06:38 AM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

d62491a1-2b21-11ee-bb6f-bf57baa30d3a.cf.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the latest foldable phone from Samsung, and it's set to be released on August 11, 2023. The phone is rumored to have a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, 12GB of RAM, and up to 512GB of storage. It will also have a 6.7-inch AMOLED display on the outside and a 7.6-inch AMOLED display on the inside. The camera lineup is expected to remain the same as last year's model, with a 50MP main camera, 12MP ultrawide camera, and 10MP telephoto camera.

One of the biggest changes to the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the upgraded hinge. The new hinge is said to be stronger and more durable, and it will also allow the phone to close completely flat. This will make the foldable feel thinner and more pocket-friendly.

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 looks like a promising device. It has a powerful processor, a large and versatile display, and a durable hinge. If you're looking for a high-end foldable phone, the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is a great option.

Here are some of the pros and cons of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5:

Pros:

Powerful processor
Large and versatile display
Durable hinge
Improved camera
More pocket-friendly

Here are some additional details about the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5:

The phone will be available in three colors: Phantom black, Cream, and Ice Blue and 2 Exclusive online colors Gray and Blue
It will support 5G connectivity.
The battery will be 4,400mAh.
The phone will run on Android 13.

And a list of the full Specs 

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
SoC Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
Display 7.6" 2176 x 1812 120Hz OLED primary, 6.2" 2316 x 904 120Hz OLED cover display
RAM 12GB
Storage 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB
Battery 4,400mAh
Ports USB Type-C 3.2, OTG
Operating System Android 13 (One UI 5.1.1)
Front camera 4MP f/1.8 under-display camera (80˚ FoV, 2.0Ξm pixels), 10MP f/2.2 cover display camera (85˚ FoV, 1.22Ξm pixels)
Rear cameras 50 MP f/1.8 wide-angle (85˚ FoV, OIS, 1.0Ξm pixels), 12MP f/2.2 ultra-wide (123˚ FoV, 1.12Ξm pixels), 10MP f/2.4 telephoto (36˚ FoV, OIS, 1.0Ξm pixels)
Connectivity 5G (inc mmWave), LTE, up to Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC
Dimensions 67.1 x 155 x 13 mm folded, 130 x 155, 6.1 mm unfolded
Colors Ice Blue, Phantom Black, Cream + Samsung.com exclusive Gray, Blue
Weight 253g (8.92Oz)
Charging25W Super Fast Charging wired, 15W wireless (Qi)
IP RatingIPX8

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
90 Replies
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have a tech addiction so there's that. 😁 It's a problem for me. What you're saying is VERY true.
Turner01
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Fold
I did pre order the watch 6 classic 👌 😎
Options
Galaxy Fold
Me too. ðŸĪĢ Couldn't pass up having a physical rotating bezel again.
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@Turner01 

I pre-ordered the Gray exclusive color Fold 5 right after the Unpacked. Personally, when I got the Fold 4, as good of a phone as it was, I knew right away it was only to get me by before the Fold 5 comes out. Many people say it's too small of an update over Fold 4, but I felt like Fold 4 was actually too small of an upgrade over Fold 3 (only upgraded because of a great deal around Black Friday and I had some reward points saved up), and this year's Fold 5 is a much more significant step forward! I used the Fold 5 for 2 days after Unpacked (a loner from Samsung), and it's hard to explain how much of an improvement the new hinge is! It's not just slimmer and folds flat, to me, it makes the fold 5 feel like a whole new experience. It fists much nicer in the hand. It's smoother than the fold 4 was. I really loved using it, so I knew right away I wanted it. It's a real refinement, and I think at this time, the first fold I can see myself using for more than one year, unless the next one has an s-Pen build in ðŸ˜–

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the âĪ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ⮇

krazy_loco
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I've noticed Samsung is following Apple with their incremental updates. Sad to see they have stooped this low. But I am digging the fold 5. I will upgrade only when fold has integrated s pen
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

Unpacked 2023 

01-Zfold5-Configurator-800x600.jpg

Watching the Unpacked event at 7am Eastern I honestly had no intention in upgrading my S21U but tow of the presentations caught my eye, the Watch 6 and the Z Fold 5.

I've never owned a modern foldable phone so it's all new to me.  As a new prospective owner I don't carry around any baggage from previous versions so to me and other first time buyers, it's all new. 

That being said there are many great improvements not the least of which is the new hinge which increases the bend radius of the screen to possibly create less distortion when the Fold 5 is open but in my opinion more to improve the durability of the screen over the 300,000 cycle life. 

The second part of the new hinge is how the Fold 5 now completely closes making for a better appearance as well as surely reducing dust on the screen and thinning out the folded Fold 5 a little bit.  It's pretty handsome in it's close configuration. 

Samsung-Z-Fold-5-Waterdrop-Hinge.jpg

Next would be the Gen 2 processor which will provide both a speed boost and better battery performance because of its low power design.

Of course there are some new software features. The new features include more swipe actions to open multiple app windows, for instance sliding in from the corner of the screen, dragging and dropping apps from the Taskbar, and two-handed gestures. Also, the new Taskbar can hold your four most recent apps, up from last year's three. 

Hopefully this short summary of the new Z Fold 5 will at least pique your interest and spawn some Internet research to help you decide if this Unpacked 2023 version is worth your first time buy or upgrade from a pervious version.  I don't like waiting another year so I'm planning or ordering one. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold
We'll said, I completely agree with you
0 Likes
BigAle
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

What are your thoughts on the new Fold?

Do you think the hinge system won't broke again?
CharlieLiuPhoto
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I felt confident enough to upgrade to a fold phone for the first time this year. The hinge change is huge since it closes flat now.
BigAle
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I has been using fold phones since the 2

I have serious problems with the 3 on the big screen but now I want to give another chance to this good looking technology
0 Likes