JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't see QR codes in my emails on galaxy note 10+

(Topic created: 09-16-2019 04:10 PM)
usertpDflf8KxL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

When I receive tickets (movie or show) via email the QR code does not appear and I am unable to use my phone as my ticket. I just switched from the Iphone which had no problem with the QR code's visibility. i have tried looking at every mail setting and can't find a solution. Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@usertpDflf8KxL by PC app I mean using a laptop or desktop.

The Gmail app is Google's email app. 

Have you tried using the Samsung email app, named "Email"? You may have to download it from the Play store if it isn't on your device. 

View solution in context

11 Replies
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried using your email from the browser?

0 Likes
usertpDflf8KxL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Great idea for an interim solution. But there has to be a way that it will open from mail. I see people at the movies using all kinds of smart phones with no problem.

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

When you attempt it this way, does it work? I want to make sure this works as a temporary solution.

usertpDflf8KxL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes but that is not a really good answer because if I am not getting a cell signal in that location or theather I would not be able to provide my QR ticket code.  My prior Iphone showed the full ticket with QR code in the email as sent from the venue.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

What site are the tickets from? I have never used email to view the QR codes but instead use the app for the site (Ticketmaster, etc.). 

0 Likes
usertpDflf8KxL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

All the local movie theaters and some event facilities send the code in the paid order acknowledgment. I just hold up my phone to the person at the door, they scan and I am in. I live in the Palm Springs CA area. There are times that I don't get a Verizon signal at the facility (s) and I can't open the site, but my mail is already in my phone. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you using the stock e-mail app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usertpDflf8KxL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, I am using the app that came with the Galaxy note 10+. I just purchased another movie ticket this morning and once again the QR code is missing on the emailed ticket. There are two items to download but when I try it says there is not app to open. As I said I never had this problem on any of the previous iPhones that I owned.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you use a PC email client do you see the QR code? 

What if you use the Gmail app on your phone?

0 Likes