JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy note 9 stereo speaker issue during call

(Topic created on: 9/14/18 4:49 AM)
user7EyWM0fBGX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Shouldn't the top and bottom speakers work when we are calling someone and phone is on speaker mode? Both speakers work fine during music and video playing. Bottom speaker is fine. If I move the phone around during call, the top speaker starts working as well here and there. I have noticed this same thing in all note 9s at my local atnt store as well. My phone was ordered from Samsung. Anyone else having this issue? It looks like a software problem to me.

userqgtSu4j2hy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Its the call record apps that causes this issue. 

Go to your call record app > setting > turn off auto speaker. 

user7EyWM0fBGX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I don't have any call record app.

js0uth
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Noticed this the other day as well. Got the T-Mobile version straight from Samsung. Hopefully this gets fixed.
0 Likes
subearon1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Solved it for us...top speaker works fine on calls now.....Thank You

0 Likes
userF5y3lcAwBp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Has anyone found out how to fix it ? And this may sound weird but what color are your note 9's. I have a purple and the issue only is happening on my phone and not my husbands blue note. 

0 Likes
useruxlyOwcw9c
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If I am not wrong, this feature to shut off the top speaker when the promixity sensor senses something near, is actually to protect the phone user's hearing. Many times I have put the phone on speaker mode during calls to listen to automated voice answering, and then out of habit put the phone to my ear to speak when I get connected to a human. This feature to shut off the top speaker automatically when i put the phone to my ear is a blessing for me as I will never remember to turn the speaker off. 

Bdpnutz3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Wow thank you for that advice I think somebody has figured this out it is a protection feature! If your phone is on speaker and you put your phone to your ear the proximity sensor shut the top firing speaker off to protect your hearing and then when you pull the phone away from your head after a few seconds it will kick back on that is why it seems like it's going on and off thank you so much whoever figured that out

0 Likes
Pierhh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Samsung must fix this issue with the sensor while in speaker mode with the software update.

Bdpnutz3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have the blue device and it is happening on mine I almost returned it until I found this forum, today was my last day for a buyer remorse return. It's driving me nuts when I'm talking to somebody on the phone, speakerphone, or regular phone suddenly it kicks in and they are blasting in full stereo. Otherwise I can't hear them at all it sounds like they are muffled
0 Likes
userbGmlzB0iC9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I noticed that too, the last couple of days...

0 Likes