Original topic:

Google Assistant not working with Screen locked

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
shootstraight
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am disabled and drive an older vehicle. For safety, I use a Bluetooth headset and Googe Assistant (yes, use Assistant when screen is locked) to make or receive calls.

Lately I cannot access my phone via Bluetooth without unlocking my phone which is impractical while driving. Leaving the phone unlocked would be a serious security problem.

I NEED to make and receive calls via my Bluetooth headset without having to unlock my phone
3 Replies
JLo33
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Why not leave it unlocked while driving? No one should be touching your things without consent.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

How many people have access to your phone in you car?  If your car has a BT connection (you said you have an older car, so probably not?), you can set your car as a trusted device for keeping the phone unlocked or you can also set your BT headset as a trusted device. 

You can set up driving mode and tell it to keep your phone unlocked while driving. The easiest way, however, is to set your headset as a trusted device and your phone will stay unlocked for up to 4 hours while it's connected.  You do this by going to settings/lock screen/extend unlock - enter your pin/password, choose trusted device and select your headset and/or any other device that you wish to keep your device unlocked when connected, save and exit.  

It is safe to do this, as you need to be in BT range for it to work and, presumably, you are in close enough proximity to eyeball your phone to keep others from accessing it while unlocked.

0 Likes
shootstraight
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thanks. I do appreciate it!
0 Likes