JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 8 in call volume low

(Topic created: 11-11-2017 12:51 PM)
usera3kLtCJUoT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Tried clearing cache Tried factory reboot Re installed SIM card Restarted in safe mode Still no change and extremely low call volume
JUMP TO SOLUTION
155 Replies
NateMy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@SamsungViv wrote:

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  ðŸ™‚

I am having this problem too. Tech support referred me to repair but I don't have a reliable way to get there .

0 Likes
usere1K6AHxog5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes Me Too! So frustrating having 2 put my calls on speaker so I can hear😖

0 Likes
userVZrEAI2vhv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have Note 8 and have experienced this same issue over the past few months. I now have to answer phone calls with the speakerphone. Very frustrating .

0 Likes
userw9d8JI3OI1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi has anyone tried my trick for cleaning the ear piece fret using an electric toothbrush worked perfectly for me

0 Likes
usernMscIeMXAb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Model SM-N950U 

BASEBAND N950UsSQS5CRG9

AT&T

0 Likes
userDtbMOagD3K
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just Try cleaning your speaker on the top with bluetac or toothbrush. you will see the results quickly.

user5pbiVZhctM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for the tip. I used a regular toothbrush and my call volume is back to normal. I didn't have to download an app for it

0 Likes
userhVbeIhvz6S
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have this problem.  Nothing works.

0 Likes
useraz5ldWTpeD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Clean ear speaker . Glue from screen protector and hair products or ear wax plugs up tiny holes. Fine short bristle brush and some compressed air and you'll be good
0 Likes
S7onerKIngIII
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I had the same issue with my Galaxy Note 8 as well, I tried everything cleaning the speaker grille factory resetting my phone and everything. Then it hit me. For everyone still having this issue this is what fixed it.

1. Hold the Power Button to turn off the device

2. Hit Power Off

3. Then when the Samsung Logo Appears HOLD the Volume Down Button the entire time until it restarts to Boot the device into SAFE MODE

4. Go to Phone and make a call

5. If the problem is fixed an app is most likely causing the issue.

6. To fix this, in safe mode go to Settings/Apps/then click on the 3 dots on the top right hand corner/ go to App permissions/ then Phone/ then make sure you have the default applications selected so you can test it.

7. Now this may work for some, (it worked for me). Lastly hold the power button or go to the Notification shade and press Restart. 

8. Lastly make a test call to see if it was fixed! 

9. (Also I used an app called Speaker Tester on the Play Store to test the frequency of the call speaker to make sure it was working properly).

Thanks everyone! I hope this works!