Has anyone experienced issues adding their Yahoo Mail Account to the Samsung Email App? I have a continuing issue where Samsung Email is unable to validate my Yahoo Mail however I get an email from Yahoo Stating that my account has been signed in through Samsung Email.
Solved! Go to Solution.
On the same topic, does anyone know if adding yahoo mail onto the Samsung mail app by clicking on the Yahoo blue envelope logo configures the account as an IMAP or as a POP account? Yahoo's instructions for how to use Samsung mail in Yahoo's new security enviornment doesn't say. I couldn't get any joy either from Samsung's own customer service people or from Yahoo.
I have the same problem and this step did not help me at all.
Changed my password and now I can't log on to my base email app.
I keep getting the response "unable to validate account."
Even though on my PC I can log on with the new password and I get an email that another login was successfull from my smartphone.
Sadly the above didn't work for me, neither any of the other methods suggested below. Can anyone please help? I'm either getting "could not authenticate account" or "invalid password" when trying to generate one for 3rd party apps . This has totally ruined my day.
I exeperienced the same problem but i found a way to solve the problem. Here's the things you need to do:
1. You need to log in to your yahoo acccount.
2. Got to "Account Security".
3. Scroll down then click "Manage app passwords".
4. New window will appear. Click the drop down menu and select "other apps".
5. Type "Samsung Email"
6. Click "generate" to generate the one time password which you are going to use to log in Samsung Email App.
7. Long press the generated code.
8. Open the Samsung Emaill App then click "Add Acoount", paste first the one time generated password to the password space box then key in your email to the email add space box
9. Click "Sign In", then you're done.
Yep. This worked a treat for me.
I first tried just inputting my usual Yahoo p/word first, followed by email address. This successfully bypassed the Yahoo sign-in screen, but still wouldn't authenticate.
Generating an 'App password' worked. Hint: if you're generating an 'App password' on a PC and typing it into your phone (so unable to copy & paste, as suggested above), leave out the spaces.
The simplest solution is to start with your password then follow by inputting your username.
This trick works as I have spent several hours searching online for solution without any one working for me.
I tried to generate a password on Yahoo and it didn't work, I was about to give up until I read a post that said to clear cache, force stop & restart app. It worked!