Original topic:

Warning! - Galaxy Ring Sizing

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Ring

The Galaxy Ring runs VERY, VERY small. 

I went to Best Buy yesterday knowing they would have the new tech on display for preorders. I was specifically interested in the ring, they had the ring kit for you to able to find your size before you order. I am glad I didn't preorder on Shop Samsung. I almost always wear a 9 on my index finger, no, it didn't fit, I had to go up 2 sizes to an 11. When they designed the ring and sizing they didn't take into account the nub sensors, without the sensors it is probably your regular size.

If you can't go to a Samsung store or a Best Buy and you are ordering online, do yourself a favor order the kit. You will save yourself from having to return your order.
15 Replies
enigma7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Ring
Same issue here! Massively disappointed. I waited forever for this ring to release and now it doesnt fit. I imagine that a 14 would be perfect, wouldnt need bigger than a 15. Im only 5' 11 and 186 lbs and athletics and play stringed instruments...I dont have chubby digits, I dont get it... Really sad I cant get a Samsung ring. Im off to go look at Oura rings now and see if they have 14 or 15 because Im not waiting anymore for Samsung. šŸ˜ž
enigma7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Ring
Nope. Samsung just copied Oura, as Oura also seems to max out at size 13... Sad times. Hopefully Samsung feels like making more money though and makes some bigger ring sizes soon.
0 Likes
Members_W6YDH7K
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Ring

I have the Samsung sizing kit.  I am 6'2, 240lbs, and I can barely get the 13 on my ring finger....realistically, I could never wear this thing at these small sizes.  I'm not wearing it as a wedding ring, and it isn't accurate as a pinky ring.  SAMSUNG!  Size these things up to at least a 15!

blueyzfrone
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Ring

The 12 goes on easily, but comes off easily with a lil spit or soap and water, but the 13 slides on and off with ease. I am "going to try to lose weight. I don't want to be stuck with a ring that doesn't fit. Plus I don't want to bust the sensors 

Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Ring
If you plan on losing weight, might I suggest you fit yourself for your ring finger. This way, as you lose weight, you can just move the ring to another finger as the pounds shed.

Also, be aware it is summertime, your fingers are going to be a little swollen do to the heat.
user1R2Qi99YAM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Ring

I would recommend the same as Robin621k. Size for your ring (thinner finger), and swap the ring into other (thicker) fingers as the pounds start to shed - if you're comfortable with it. 

I'm in a similar predicament. I've lost about 40 lbs in the last 4 months, and size 13 fits me perfectly. I can shake my hands dry without the test ring falling out of my middle and index fingers, and I can easily slide it on/off from my ring and index fingers. I need some mild force to pull it off my middle finger.

I still got 20 lbs to lose before I reach my goal, but I worry that if I gain weight again, or my fingers thin out more, I'll be stuck with a very tight right, or it'll slip off and get lost. 

I figure, I can use it on my middle finger if I lose enough weight, or keep it on my ring finger (I'd rather not) if I gain weight. Worst case, there's a very good chance Samsung will release a barely better model in 2025, and hopefully the trade-in value doesn't depreciate much, so if I outsize it, I won't have to wait too long for a replacement.

This is currently the most comprehensive smart/health ring in the market and chances it should remain competitive. I'm sure these last 20 lbs will require another 6 months of discipline, so hopefully things go well. But just in case, I used my Citi credit card for both the extended warranty and purchase protection benefits. 

Good luck on your weight loss! It's a huge pain, but it's so nice being able to climb a set of stairs without gasping desperately for air šŸ™‚

0 Likes