JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Another update that didn't fix the issues

(Topic created: 06-22-2018 11:11 AM)
BadFrad
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Two this month. 2 or 3 weeks of trying to redo the settings that the updates usually changes.

Yet, the updates never ever fix the crappy attributes of the S8+.

0 Likes
5 Replies
benice
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@BadFrad wrote:

Two this month. 2 or 3 weeks of trying to redo the settings that the updates usually changes.

Yet, the updates never ever fix the crappy attributes of the S8+.

consider an upgrade. it might put the anguish behind.

0 Likes
BadFrad
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What would u consider an upgrade from this $900 phone I bought?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@BadFrad: I would be happy to help you in any way I can. Can you tell me the symptoms you are experiencing? 

0 Likes
Solution
BadFrad
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'll list what last 2 updates have done that make the S8+ less likable:

1.It still closes screen in 2-3 seconds no matter what (this design feature alone  relegates phone to maybe something designed and manufactured in Somalia or North Korea)
2. Updates are still unstoppable. 
3. Half of apps have settings       
changed after update.
4. Firefox is unusable.
5. Bixby (maybe great but don't use it) is reset and again pops up whenever it whats, and trys to take over your task. 
6. Remote Support app still shows battery use, can't be disabled, and is there even though I've never used remote support (is it Samsung spyware, or something Samsung invited some government to install?).
7. The update stopped the call I was making and took control of the phone for several mins.

I could go on (and on), but really the only way to fix this phone is change where it says Samsung to a different manufacturer. 
Sad I've many Samsung products, and thought this would be a great phone.
BadFrad
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Gee!! You never answered me. What gives, no solution to the honest problems of Samsungs rotten software!?

0 Likes