Original topic:

Apps crash, flicker since the update on S20 and S10+

(Topic created: 10-25-2022 05:08 AM)
user_39dbfJ09
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi! 

Has anyone else been having issues with their Samsung S20 5G or Samsung S10+ phones since the update a little while ago? Ever since it was updated several of my apps crash, flicker, and there has been a handful of times where my apps crash, and then I have to reset my phone. I can't figure out how or whar is causing this issue ice already trued a soft hard boot as well as putting it in safety mode but nothing has helped. Oddly enough, I am having similar issues on my Samsung S20 5G. I haven't had a real bad issues with my devices in a long time. On both phones I've done just about everything but erase all data. I've done the following with no changes. 
Quick reboot or restart 
Cleared all cache 
Soft hard boot
Set to recovery but it still crashed 
Fixed app
Reset all of the phone settings 
But nothing has changed and its infuriating to sat the least. 

The crappie part about all this is that both of phones warranties expired in the beginning of October, so I'm really stuck between a rock, or phones depending on how you look at it, and a hard place. 

I would be truly grateful for anyone who can help me with this. If anybody does read this and offer advice, please try to dumb it down as far as possible! 

Thank you in advance! 

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Might be a bug in the update. I would see if any phone updates are pending. Go to settings, scroll to the bottom until you see software info, click that, and click check for updates. If there are any updates, download them.
samjohnludm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I also facing the same problem. Why it's actually happening? I also checked the updates but not showing still any updates here. I actually facing netflix app issues.

user_39dbfJ09
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes! Mine does that too! Are you losing any files, or having issues with downloads now?
It's absolutely infuriating to me when I go to save something, or download something and then it all gets deleted and I have to do it all over again! I want to slam my phones against the wall and yank out all my hair! 😆
By any chance are you having any issues with backing up your phone to Samsung Cloud? I'm getting errors that show that there's been a problem downloading my backup. I have tried to back it up again and again, but I get the same error. I've even tried to download each area separately, but I still get the stupid error message! It will back up and get to 100%, but then it shows an error! Ugh! I hate this so friggn much!
0 Likes
samjohnludm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am actually facing netflix buffering issue. I also check status from different tools like is netflix down but showing problem

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, welcome to the community! I understand how frustrating this situation must be and I am here to assist you. 

If you are having issues with any apps freezing or crashing, even after updates, there are a few things you can try to resolve your problem. 

I am including a link to a troubleshooting guide to assist you with getting this resolved https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001496.

If your apps are still crashing after performing a factory data reset, please visit a Samsung walk-in service center or you can schedule a repair service online.

user_39dbfJ09
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you for responding so fast!
I've done the updates, and they're both completed. My S10+ just updated on October 3rd, and my S20 updated on the October 21st. Prior to my S20 5G updating both of my phones hadn't had this type of issues. I'm just confused on how both phones are now having the same issues. Do you know how to uninstall the updates and then reinstall it by any chance? I definitely do not want to factory reset my phones.
Do you know how to use bootloader? As in what exactly to do besides put it in safe mode? Or how to add the updates from ADB? I don't have the slightest clue on how to any of the stuff on the soft hard boot, except for clearing cache, run the minor tests, and then fix all apps. Where would the downloaded updates even be listed on my SD card?
Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I'm just so confused!
Thank you again for responding with some ideas! I appreciate it very much!
PS.... A new issue has just come up, now my devices will not register on a network. I have Wi-Fi, and I'm able to look up or do some things, but sometimes I'll get an error saying to connect to server. I've lost so many files and had to redo a lot of downloads.
0 Likes