Original topic:

Blocked Call Issues

(Topic created: yesterday)
Think-Tank
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I blocked a number and person is still able to leave Voice Mails. I deleted them from my contacts and they are still leaving messages even though in my settings it shows their number is blocked. How can I fix this so they aren't able to call me at all and leave a vm.

4 Replies
meself
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If it's in blocked number in phone pad top right settings than not sure if you have a carrier call filter app can try there also to block they could be using caller ID block that's easy fix in same settings choose block unknown numbers
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It depends on your carrier. Most offer a "PAID" service to block numbers from leaving a VM. When they call you, the call gets disconnected before they can leave a message.

AT&T offers Active Shield it's free if you buy the phone through them.

Verizon has a temporary block for 90 days for up to 5 numbers. You have to reapply the numbers. They also have a paid plan for up to 20 numbers. It's an app called Smart Family Parent App.

Tmobile has a plan to block numbers for free, a premium plan to block VMS. It's called Scam Shield.

Then there is an 3rd party app, Call Control, it blocks numbers, and VM, it's $30 a year, you can block 20 numbers and they also block know spam numbers that get reported through community sharing.

MalteMicha
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
All blocked numbers means they cannot reach you by calling. There is not much out for VoiceMail. VM is easy to delete. No matter what they can't reach you.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can have your carrier block it so that it never comes through.  You can probably do it through blocking controls through your account on your carrier's website or in their app, if they have one.  If there is no app or you can't do it yourself through your account, you can call your carrier.  

Blocking a number through the phone's blocking will only block the number from ringing through to your phone and sending texts - calls will still be routed to your voicemail.  Blocking from the carrier side will prevent the call from getting to the phone in the first place.