JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blocked Calls Notification Sound

(Topic created: 02-05-2019 05:01 AM)
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I never noticed this in the past, but since the upgrade to Pie on my S9, I've been hearing the default system notification sound whenever the phone blocks a call based on my blocked caller list. I tested this by blocking a known number and calling myself and confirmed I get an immediate notification sound and an icon in the notification bar. The notification tile when expanded takes me to a settings page that includes a slider for blocked call notification sounds, but will not permit me to turn that option off. I'd prefer to see the visual notification next time I am looking at my phone, or even on the AOD and lock screens, without receiving an audible notification. How do I either turn off the notification sound or assign a unique sound to this notification?

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
JUMP TO SOLUTION
27 Replies
Whit1423
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

@lusterav wrote:

You can shut off the notification sound for blocked numbers by going through the following steps: Settings - Apps- Upper right menu, select "show system apps". Scroll to the 5 phone apps. Open the third one (the first of 3 phone apps with dark green and a white vertical phone). Open notifications near the bottom. You will see a category Other-Blocked Call. Even though the toggle switch is grayed out, you can open it by long pressing on it. Then select Silent and Minimized. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
userARSKcHV5M4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Nothing you describe is on my phone. I have three "vertical" phone icons. NONE of them have the category "Other-Blocked Call" as a choice. Perhaps if you show a screenshot? I have the Galaxy A10e. Is this solution not good for my phone model?

0 Likes
userBeBzysvX0z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

1) Tap your Phone icon

2) Tap 3 dots and then Blocked

3) Tap Block Rules

4) Change Receceive notifications to Never.

0 Likes
charlesrbasin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does not work on my S9+ running Android 9. I wonder if the carrier (mine is Verizon) has changed the software. Phone version 10.2.20.16

When I tap the 3 dots in the phone app, I see Calls to show, Delete, Show messages, Total call time, Open to keypad, and settings. No Blocked.

Under settings, there is Block numbers, but it is just my list of blocked numbers.

0 Likes
userGKb7UWeoHJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am on Android 9. I found a post in here that worked for me. Sorry if I cannot give kuddos to the owner. I had to log into my account and lost my place. So here is what worked for me:

Go to Settings > Apps > Select the 3 dots > Show System Apps > Select the 'Call Settings' app (not the gear next to it) > Scroll down to and select Notifications >  Bottom selection 'Blocked call' is grayed out but a long press will give you the choice of Notification style. I chose 'Silent and minimized'.

charlesrbasin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Fantastic. Thank you.
0 Likes
Poo-tee-weet
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

THIS IS IT! THANK YOU!

0 Likes
Kyleresq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am on Verizon and I found the setting but mine was already set to "silent" and yet somehow I'm still getting the default system alert.

0 Likes