JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Glue for the back of my phone

(Topic created: 09-10-2023 03:51 PM)
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My old S8+ phone's battery has expanded and separated the case back from the front. I need to get a new battery and glue it back together again. Any suggestions as to what type of glue I should use?
I upgraded to a z-fold but kept this as a backup as the trade-in value was negligible. And it's still a good phone!
10 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Wow, I hope you aren't actively using this phone! An expanded battery like that is a very bad/dangerous sign. I wouldn't even turn it on/plug it in. As far as adhesives, there are plenty on Amazon with tons of reviews. This one seems promising. Just search for "cell phone glue" lol.

https://a.co/d/jgqgjOk
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've only used it twice in the past year when I had to have my protective screen cover replaced on my z-fold. The problem with buying a battery is that they are usually used when they sell them really cheap in many stores. You're buying someone else's depleted battery. It's dangerous? You think? LOL20230910_150627_1000004933_1694383665.jpg
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones
😯 As bad as that is, I have seen worse. There are probably new replacement batteries that (unofficially) would be useable with the S8+, the only trouble is being absolutely sure about its full compatibility/reliability/safety.
0 Likes
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I also wanted it for the front cover on the Samsung case for my z-fold. When they took it off to replace the protective screen it removes the adhesive tape and it keeps coming loose.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You had your Z Fold serviced and they didn't secure it properly? If this is a new phone under warranty, I wouldn't glue it yourself. Wherever you went is responsible for ensuring everything is like it was prior to you coming in. If they removed the adhesive tape, they are responsible for replacing it.
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It was at the you break it store. I posted about it before with photographs. They replaced it the first time and it bubbled up within 5 days worse than the original screen protector. The second time they didn't glue the front cover back on.
I found the original sealed Samsung OEM case with S Pen for $14 so I bought a couple of them. Hopefully I won't need them, but if you have to remove the SIM, you have to take the front cover off, ruining the tape.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ah, I see. I still feel they should be held liable for that, but it might not be worth the trouble lol.
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Absolutely, I needed something with a higher viscosity and the link that @VerbumVeritum gave might be exactly what I need. At least I hope it is. I'll find out when I go to buy it.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me know the results! ðŸ™‚