Original topic:

Gmail notification sound volume

(Topic created: 06-29-2024 02:55 PM)
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi. 
I realize this is not a Samsung thing, however I'm needing to find this on a Samsung S Galaxy phone. I have hunted for the separate volume for incoming Gmail notification sound for a very long time. I finally, FINALLY found it about a month or so ago, only something changed and the volume for that is too loud and I need to turn only Gmail incoming volume down, but I can't find it anymore! 

I have been looking for 2 days, again, for this thing and I thought I'd reach out to see if anyone can help me find it. 

It's different that the regular sound bar that controls the notification category for all notifications- the one I saw and looking for again controls just the Gmail. Do you know where I can find this? 
18 Replies
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You have it backwards. Google owns Android, so It's Google that has control, not Samsung.

JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah, that's right. DAH! Lol
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Getting screwier by the minute. I just uninstalled updates to see if that would give me the volume control back- it didn't, but it wiped out my signature I've had for 20 years! How stupid
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't have time to sit all day again and troubleshoot all these tidbit things Samsung and Google seem to mess with that I have find all over again! I love the challenge, but it is just too much. I'm not a programmer to figure out this stuff. My G-D, Samsung and Google, cut me a break!
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If it's a custom sound you used, you could always use a sound editor to reduce (normalize) the volume and then add it back in.  Since the internal sound files are hidden, you wouldn't be able to do it with any of them. 

Do you have a computer, or is your handheld your computer?

0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No. I use my phone for everything! Lol, I used to use my laptop but I see no need for one other than the fact my phone is tiny compared to a full size screen, and a far superior keyboard. Oh well.
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Your first suggestion was the RIGHT ONE for ME. I'm wicked happy. Ya know, I saw your notification message on my incoming list but I didn't look at it until now. So I've been at this on and off all darn night trying to figure this out. Although it's me to keep trying I wished I had looked at your message earlier- I could've gone to bed a long time ago. Lol lol lol lol. Take care, friend!
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I actually use the stock Samsung library of sounds and for other stuff I've also got Zedge. But even still the darn volume controls are right where you pointed out they were. I just forgot where I had seen it months ago when I was searching for the same thing- the Gmail volume went too high for some reason and it was making me crazy because I wanted my text message alerts a little louder. Boing-boing I'm going cuckoo
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
OMG, you are 100% CORRECT! WOW šŸ˜² THIS IS AWESOME. And for the exact same reason why I didn't tap on the sound- I was thinking that's only going to give me the choice of what type of sound I want, not the VOLUME. AHA! That's where I saw it months ago! Thank you thank you thank you
0 Likes