Original topic:

I wonder why Samsung decided to make their own lenses instead of partnering with another company?

(Topic created: 03-16-2024 07:20 AM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm just curious why samsung decided to make their own lenses instead of partnering with someone like, Canon, Sony, nikon etc? Compare it to phones like xiomi that uses Leica lenses produce top quality photos. So why would samsung not want to do the same given the current race for best camera phone.

6 Replies
vanchinh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I would love to see that one day!
Willobytree
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Because Samsung photos are unmatched. Their lenses are very durable, and they do not fog up.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not true. In 95% of Scenarios xiaomi produces better photos than samsung. Does samsung produce top quality photos? Absolutely. But they also get beat in a lot of situations.
LVSAYLES
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Good luck with Samsung outsourcing. 🤣 They don't even want to buy Qualcomm chips. They are forced to buy them due to USA competition. They make EVERYTHING. Manufacture AND sell to other manufacturers.
There's the only answer you will need. :hundred_points:
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@rebelwolf4622 Maybe you aren't aware that Samsung has a long experience with lens and cameras. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Oh I know. I've owned a few cameras when they used to make them. They were decent but not impressive. I just think they have the potential to do better if they had a partnership