JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lock screen media controls don't work (Spotify)

(Topic created: 03-10-2019 05:46 PM)
userZlqLglRntr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi guys, I play music through Spotify, then lock my phone to keep it playing then if I want to change the song I usually just double tap the screen then change the song from the lock screen but I've found that on the s10+ so far that the controls respond to my touch but they don't do anything. Furthermore, if I lock my screen, after 10-20 seconds, my music stops playing altogether and I need to unlock my phone, go into Spotify and press play again for it to resume. Other people have complained about these faults too, just wanting to know if there is a fix coming or not Regards
JUMP TO SOLUTION
71 Replies
userVw9N3AruyW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This didn't work for me... 

0 Likes
Samsung_7kFWCev
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks, it was argrevating. 

0 Likes
userv7EOOwHjIw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I think I found the solution. 

Settings > Lock Screen > Notifications > View Style > detailed

My theory is if u have it on icons only, the app isn't registered as being active by the lock screen. So if it is showed expanded out, the controls work again .

Hopefully this works for u all as well as it was really annoying me.

user7yn9N6MsHG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks man. I had the same issue, I could see the buttons were being recognized on touch, but wouldn't do anything. Your solution made it work again on my Note9.

0 Likes
user6mD0fFsbpV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It didn't work =o(

0 Likes
user2es3WxvEMu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the exact same problem on my s9+ thought maybe it was just my phone screwing up but its consistent the way you explained it. 

@userZlqLglRntr 

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When you go into your Sound settings, The one that display each level of volume, Do you have the Media audio option selected at the bottom?

We recommend toggling that feature to address your concerns.

Let us know if this helps

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userqAnoqK3yx0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you all for the help! I have tried the optimization method and media toggle option AND the detailed lockscreen option. None of those options work. This is getting really frustrating. I can't control media on the lockscreen and cannot control media through bluetooth while the phone is locked. 

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userqAnoqK3yx0 Have you tried clearing the cache partition on the phone?

0 Likes
Kapacahe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Tried all the solutions mentioned and none of those worked for my S10 either... Any other solution? 😞         Thanks