JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Max number of recipients in text message (redux)

(Topic created: 06-22-2022 02:49 PM)
userP1k2yk0qCE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Galaxy S20, and I'm having an issue with the default text app that comes with the phone that allows a maximum number of 20 in a message group.  I'm in several family groups that exceed 20 people and I can't reply to the group when a text comes in.  It's a big enough problem that I'd be happy to switch to another texting app if that would solve it.  Here's my question though: Has Samsung agreed to address this problem?  If they won't allow people to create a group that is more than 20, fine.  But why oh why won't they let you reply to an incoming text from a 20+ group.  If their concern is about spam, then creating large groups is the issue, not replying to a 20+ group.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

this isn't samsung's issue, rather it's the decision from the carriers as far as i know... i would think it has to do with the carrier's ability to handle the load without issues or something along those lines.

as for the inability to reply idk, i thought it wouldn't let you open the group in the first place but somehow you managed to make the 20+ group 😕

as you noted, i would think using another chat/messaging service would be the workaround (assuming your group members are open to switching) for example WhatsApp or FB messenger or whatever idk.

userP1k2yk0qCE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks Who_Dis.  I called my carrier and confirmed what you said.