JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Need some advice: Need to upgrade due to services being discontinued by provider

(Topic created: 03-04-2022 09:23 AM)
Sarahw377
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I have a Samsung 8 plus currently and I'm using Cricut as a service provider my phone is fully factory unlocked but I guess because of this 5G thing my phone isn't working anymore so I'm going to upgrade to the Samsung S10 was wondering if anyone has had an issue with the Samsung S10 connecting to the 5G or would I be okay getting it I've been told by a few other places I'll be good but just was wondering if anyone else could give me some advice or reassure me that it's good

0 Likes
24 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

As long as you got the s10 5g you should be good 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
Sarahw377
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm not 100% sure when I wasn't looking for the phone to buy I did put in Samsung S10 5G the model number is SM-G973U would you happen to know it that's the 5g
0 Likes
Sarahw377
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm sorry I meant to say when I was looking
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S Phones

From what i see the SM-G973U doesnt support 5g 

https://www.phonemore.com/specs/samsung/galaxy-s10/sm-g973u-128gb/

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s10-9536.php#sm-g973u

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
Sarahw377
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Oh yep I see that oh boy I'm glad I didn't buy that when I might have to keep doing the research for some reason though eBay was saying that it does connect to 5G it was from Vietnam start up Northgate jailbroken or something I really don't know but I guess I'm going to keep looking if you happen to know the model number if you could help me with that I would really appreciate it
0 Likes
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The models that include 5g are SM-G977B (Global); SM-G977U (USA)

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s10_5g-9588.php

Sarahw377
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I found this but scroll down I'll look at what features or whatever and this one doesn't say it but it says the same model numberScreenshot_20220304-115636_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220304-115548_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If its G977U it should be 5g 

0 Likes
Sarahw377
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Right lol I'm so confused because it says it's that model 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:
0 Likes