JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification/ status bar disappears.

(Topic created: 10-17-2018 09:47 PM)
ToytheTiTan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I remember doing this in settings somewhere so that I would have more screen space but it has become more of a hassle than a help and cant change it back. Except on the home screen I have to swipe from the top to see the time, battery% ect... cant remember where I changed it but I didnt do anything extra like root or even connect to pc. How do I get this back to normal without factory reset? 

27 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You may have turned on Easy Mode or Standard Mode. Some settings are not available in Standard Mode. Since you do not know which mode you are currently in, try the steps below to switch between them. Let us know what works for you. 

1. From a Home screen, tap Apps (located in the lower-right).
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Easy mode.
  4. Tap Easy mode then tap DONE (located in the upper-right). 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

benice
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungAdam wrote:

You may have turned on Easy Mode or Standard Mode. Some settings are not available in Standard Mode. Since you do not know which mode you are currently in, try the steps below to switch between them. Let us know what works for you. 

1. From a Home screen, tap Apps (located in the lower-right).
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Easy mode.
  4. Tap Easy mode then tap DONE (located in the upper-right). 

I agree

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user8dhopy9sFj; thank you for sharing!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userykwit7SpKG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi the status bar has disappeared from my home screen but works everywhere else. Any ideas pls 

0 Likes
userPPfv9HYGky
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

any joy fixing this?

0 Likes
userIZRceIYT7x
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I fixed it on my wife's phone.

It was her background, I switched back to the standard background and it came back.

Maybe the pic format or something.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If anybody wants the status bar to appear while inside Samsung internet just tap on the three squares on the top right>settings>advanced settings>toggle status bar on or off

userSGMFUNFr1v
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samehaooened to me. Cant find solution 🙄

0 Likes
usersa8ECr9Q0J
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same happened to me on recent update. Tried various things including as above. Didn't work. Then went into Samsung Internet, three dots, settings, advanced and turned Status Bar OFF. Now have status bar on home screen & in apps! There's computer logic for you.