Original topic:

Possible Phone Upgrade Suggestions

(Topic created: 04-11-2024 12:46 AM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a 5 year old Galaxy s10 and I'm really comfortable with it. I've heard good and bad about the newest generation of 22, 23, and 24 series. I prefer to stay at least one iteration behind because sometimes the newest thing is not necessarily the best thing. I own a Roadside Assistance company and need my phone as bad as my truck. Are the latest 20+ series any good? Thank anyone in advance for serious commentary.

12 Replies
azerith
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The s22 would be your best bet you can get them fairly cheap and they're pretty rugged just get a little casework I've dropped mine in water on concrete etc it's been fine.
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Can you give me your opinion of the best and worst things about the 22? One example of each will suffice and thank you for your response.
0 Likes
azerith
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So I bought mine when the S22 was new like it was the newest phone on the market. So the best as of now would be the price and build quality. The worst would be the app install speed but I think that's every Samsung device due to the way they partner up with McAfee. So besides that reason I really can't find a bad thing about it to be honest it's been my daily driver for the last 2 years or so I haven't felt the need to upgrade to the s23 or s24. However if you care about the latest features instead of getting the S22 go for the s23 fan edition or the S23FE as it's called It has the same specs as the S22 but it'll get the newest features like the S23 and the s24 It will be a little more expensive but not by much.
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Great reply. Thank you. First thing I do with any new phone is put it in a solid case and I have a supplier for that. In my business I need dependability and power. I automatically do away with McAfee, Norton, etc. and have my own brand of security software and apps. Once again, thank you.
0 Likes
azerith
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Of course you're very much welcome Good luck!
user56VQVHLYpf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
S22 is a solid fast phone
0 Likes
azerith
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I wouldn't say it's the fastest but it's good it'll get the job done you'll notice like a slight delay installing apps but nothing too crazy you care about speedy app installs your best bet would be to go with like Xiaomi or the pixel series. You can speed up the install by cutting off the McAfee and the optimization but there's a five or six second delay. But again it is a solid device.
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you but I'm sticking with Samsung and Galaxy. Appreciate the response
0 Likes
azerith
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Of course so as I stated in my post above this a little bit long The S22 is great but if you want the newest features go with the s23 fan edition it's a little more expensive not by much but it has the same specs as the S22.
0 Likes