JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-08-2019 11:17 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Anonymous I know, I'm disappointed there hasn't been anything for me period. I don't believe the executive was lying when he told us this, however, so definitely don't dismiss the feature still happening. 

0 Likes
userQAjhfljKoe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Agreed. Use that notification led all the time on my s7

0 Likes
uservgDRFDjBRj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just got a update with no LED notification  

0 Likes
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can you please tell me the software version num er

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
0 Likes
uservgDRFDjBRj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

G975U1UEU1ASBA

0 Likes
user2jGp6G5Xka
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Coming from S7/Verizon: Just had two S10+ delivered yesterday (me and wife) and activated mine - set it up. We just discovered that the camera ring does not periodically blink continuously to notify of message when screen is off and message is waiting. Unfortunately, this is disappointing and this is a required functionality for my wife. The job that she performs does not allow holding of the phone during work so only important messages will be addressed if the light is blinking (periodic glances, so light must continually notify). We are still in return period and she told me she does not want a phone without this feature. I am also evaluating if I use this feature and most likely will return mine within the next 14 days. If this functionality is coming soon, please let me know before I pack these phones up. Thank you.

uservgDRFDjBRj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

add me to that list

0 Likes
user9hiTL78Hbb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just talk to Samsung in support today about led notification light, he said that they will release new update for this consent, but light will light up around the edge, and he did not mention about around camera hole. Finger crossed 

0 Likes
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

At this point it's pretty clear this isn't happening. OP said it would be a day one update - an update has rolled out without it. I'd just return it. There's a third party app that claims to enable this feature but I've found it to work intermittently at best. 

0 Likes
Scott16475
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My phone is in the process of updating software. Hoping it includes the LED notification light but it sounds like it won't. The notification light is a want for me and not a need.