JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 02-27-2019 07:54 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION
517 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@useraRjEhdLCXH I believe so. I'm relying on what the Samsung executive said, but he seemed emphatic that the update was definitely inbound and the camera cutout notification light is going to be a feature. I really hope he was correct for everyones' sake. 🤣

GioC511
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well there's no update today. 

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@GioC511 the day is young. I really want this feature as well! 

user8dNMkoLZgw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Really hoping we get this feature in Aus very soon too. I'm really missing the LED 😕

user0vtBQL4Hvj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Launch day and still no update 😞

I haven't seen any of this information corroborated anywhere.

Are we really just out of luck? 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user0vtBQL4Hvj we aren't out of luck. I believe the feature is still inbound. The executive seemed extremely knowledgeable so I would still be expecting the update. His knowledge of when it would be released seems to have been off though. I'M SO SORRY! *shame* *shame* 😭

izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is what I was suspecting.

I belive it is gone and gone for good. No one is working on a notification ring around camera. Also, it is unmatched to the Notification LED. I don't know which Samsung official approved the removal of the tiny little hardware LED  was a poor poor choice. A decision that users cannot accept and Samsung cannot revert. I wish I could cancel my pre order and get back my money and then wait for the next Samsung flagship. It's simply absurd to buy a phone for $1000 (Oh it's $999.99) and live all the life with such a compromise. Samsung should not have done this. Edge light and AOD, none are like the same. That's a Shame!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't think that's accurate. Like I said, the executive talked about this feature in detail and was certain notifications via the camera cutout was definitely going to be a feature in a software update. I don't believe he was telling a story or outright lying to our group.
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@VerbumVeritum I never said he was lying.

But we don't see it coming. As a Samsung Ambassador, can you please reach out Samsung and give us an Official Confirmation whether we will be getting it or not and if yes then possibly when.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm just a normal user on the Samsung like you, Samsung Care Ambassador is a honorary title given by the Community in recognition of being helpful. I don't really have direct contact with Samsung corporate. Mods on here aren't even privvy to what software updates are happening, or when they will happen. I do think the feature is coming, I just think it may be later than the guy was thinking. Maybe soon, maybe next month. It isn't a huge deal breaker for me personally, but I realize it will matter deeply for others. I'm just disappointed I let everyone down here by passing on (what I now know) was a bit of misinformation concerning when the update would be pushed. 😞