JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 fe 5g flickering when light hits the view finder

(Topic created: 04-11-2021 02:17 PM)
usernwoofeoWZ6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My screen flickers and goes blank when sunlight hits the view finder on the phone. In the house or shade it doesn't do that. I can even use a flash light and point it at the view finder and it flickers and the screen goes blank.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung_Yotc31M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hubby & I did the update last night. Flickering randomly and totally black during direct sunlight. Samsung needs to fix this. I opened a ticket with them eariler today & they acted like not many people were having this issue. 

Koyaanisqatsi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

While turning off Adaptive Brightness works around the problem successfully, I have discovered it's not necessarily Adaptive Brightness causing the issue.  It is only triggering an issue in the brightness adjustment slider/code. 

My screen flickers when the brightness is very close to maximum, but only if the phone is in bright light, and even if Adaptive Brightness is turned off.  When I am indoors, it does not flicker at all, no matter what setting or brightness I set.

This all started with the most recent software update.

fannE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Interesting. Seems you are right. Sensor overload
user3cCyv9biu2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem here too. Will try to place it in manual at full brightness.

0 Likes
Tiffany0614
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same! Started last Saturday! Software update hit my phone that morning and that afternoon this glitch began
JReed56
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have a Galaxy S20 FE and adaptive brightness doesn't do anything to fix my issues.
0 Likes
userYdUHzkCoPT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes! Since the latest update, I have had to turn off the autobright feature. Many complaints online for this phone and recent updates doing this. I sure hope there will be another update to fix.
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

disable adaptive brightness and manually adjust the brightness to around 60%

0 Likes
userWPp4pLqRLx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

yes this worked for me.  Hopefully these is an actual fix shortly as I like the adaptive brightness

Narencool
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
For me happening whenever sunlight hits on screen . Irrespective of any application.