Original topic:

Samsung Internet updates through the Google Play Store

(Topic created: 09-19-2023 09:55 PM)
KingMe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

WHY is it that I must sign into Google play store in order to update my Samsung phone?

11 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Your Samsung device uses the Android operating system and your device has Google applications installed that are essential for your phone to run properly, the Google Play store provides updates such as Google maps and Google search and important security updates
KingMe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Actually, I should have specified Samsung internet update.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You don't need to update the Samsung internet web browser if you don't use it
0 Likes
KingMe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
But I DO use the Samsung internet daily. But I don't understand what a Samsung internet update has to do with Google play store
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Some Samsung applications are available on the Google Play store and also on the Samsung Galaxy store, you can disable the Samsung internet update by turning off auto update Screenshot_20230920_001246_Google Play Store.jpg
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Please see the attached article for detailed information about the Google Play store https://support.google.com/android/answer/10546414?hl=en#:~:text=Google%20Play%20services%20helps%20....
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I personally recommend that if an Application update is available that you update it to keep your phones Applications current, some updates contain security updates and other features
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Huh because it is Google software
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The Samsung One Ui operating system is based on Google Android operating system and sometimes Samsung apps will update via the Google Play store and also on the Samsung Galaxy store, it's recommended to update your apps, Some of the updates have security patches in them
0 Likes