Original topic:

Samsung S20 FE 5G ~ How do I reset MediaStore?

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Hex_Angel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I use iSyncr to sync my iTunes music to my Samsung S20 FE. I've not been able to get it working for the longest time and support has narrowed it down to a corrupt media store on the phone. I have been told by support to "refresh the MediaStore" by clearing the data in the MediaStore system app. Problem is, I can't find the  app they're referring to on the settings menus. The closest thing to it is "Sec Media Store", but clearing the data in that does not appear to do anything.

Am I missing something obvious?

I've been googling for a couple hours looking for a solution while I wait for support to respond, but nada.

TIA

3 Replies
sparkler17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
https://www.jrtstudio.com/iSyncr/Tutorials/How-To-Refresh-Android-Media-Cache#:~:text=Once%20in%20th....

Try following the steps here from #4 onwards. I think this might be what you are looking for.
0 Likes
Hex_Angel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi Sparkler,

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, no. That is exactly the tutorial that iSyncr support sent me to.  The menus don't match what my S20 FE is displaying. 

In Step 4, there is no "Application Manager" appearing in the "Apps" drawer.  I have tried turning on "See All", as mentioned in the tutorial. Nothing. I've searched from the top level of Settings, as well, and no joy.

As described above, there is no "MediaStore" app appearing in the Apps drawer either.

0 Likes
Hex_Angel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Oh, and I apologize. I should have put a link to that tutorial in the original post.

0 Likes