Original topic:

Stop unlock code

(Topic created: yesterday)
userLeYe04EKqb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How do I clear/delete the needed "unlock code". Very annoying. Plus ir eliminates my pinpoints when it automatically turns off my cell phone open apps if ignored for a few minutes. 
Pls help.
3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What are you asking?  Do you want to not have a pin/password/pattern to unlock your phone?  You can unsecure your phone by by removing the pin/password/pattern and then you will only have to double tap or slide up on your screen.  You can use biometrics, but when your screen locks, you will still have to scan your fingerprint.  You can keep your phone secured to the outside world by using extend unlock in settings/lock screen and AOD/extend unlock and choose the parameter for having the phone remain unlocked. If you choose trusted places, be aware that it relies on Google Maps location data and may not encompass your whole space.  It's easier to set a routine to keep your phone unlocked when, for instance, connected to a particular wi-fi network.  Your phone will still lock even under the extend unlock parameters, just not as often.  It will lock after 4 hours or immediately after a missed call, text or notification. The only way around these security protections would be for you to completely unsecure your device by removing all screen locks through the security settings.

0 Likes
userLeYe04EKqb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks for all your time. If I ever understand what you are saying that will be a miracle. I have been to security in settings several times. No mention of unlock using number codes. I found "changing fingerprints and face" buy no numbers. My phone is old and small. Beginner type. I cannot even update groceries and bank. But unable to afford newer expensive one. At 80yo, can hardly feed ourselves and pay mortgage. Truly I use phone mainly in home. Really don't need all this security and irritation
0 Likes
richard_pullin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Go to setting then follow the pictures I post it won't say number it'll say PIN . Once you get to screen lock type click it itll ask you to enter your PIN after that you can disable it 1725758530629.jpg1725758530656.jpg1725758530710.jpg1725758530740.jpg
0 Likes