JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trade-in requirements not met

(Topic created: 03-27-2019 05:44 PM)
userbsLW2pmnUN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Quite a few of us are receiving the "Trade-in requirements not met" email on our S10 pre-orders due to sending in a different phone than what was expected. In my case I sent in an S9+ and support said I sent in an S7. And you will be charged $550 in 7 days. Is there some procedure to follow so we can get this resolved. More people are receiving the email on Reddit. So it would be nice to have instructions for everyone before it blows up like every previous phone trade-ins in the past.

14 Replies
Porcoline
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same thing happened to me. I am not lying when my phone is in mint condition. They said I'm not getting the trade-in credit because my phone was not reset, but I factory reset it. 

And they also implied that my phone was "locked" and "cracked." 

Locked, maybe, because I bought it from T-mobile, but they said it doesn't matter if it's locked. So I don't know why they're implying. 

I also took photos and videos of my phone before sending it in. Not a single smudge of fingerprint/scratches/dust because I've always used screen protectors/cases with my phone. 

0 Likes
RustyG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Porcoline if you bought it from T-Mobile, there are 2 possible issues.

1. You may still have it attached to your Google Account. You can go to https://myaccount.google.com/security and sign in and see if it is still there. This may be one issue
  2. You may also still have the phone locked on T-Mobile if you did not pay for it completely. Sometimes, people buy the phones "on-contract" under the 24 or 36 month plan and the phone is still carrier locked. If you DID NOT do this, you would still need to call T-Mobile to have the phone carrier unlocked. I had to do this for my Galaxy S8+ before I shipped mine off to trade it. T-Mobile even has an unlocking app you can use.

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
Solution
userbsLW2pmnUN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For other people in this situation, here is what worked for me.

1. Take many pictures of your phone especially the IMEI before sending it in.
  2. If you get the rejection email, call Samsung Support and open a support ticket.
  3. Reply to the support ticket with your photos of the IMEI
  4. Call back and make sure the pictures have been attached to your support ticket
  5. Call back and hopefully you get a representative who knows how to handle these cases and will fix it for you.

As I said, this is the same problem that has been plaguing Samsung trade-ins for years but some representatives seem more willing to investigate the case right away rather than wait 3-5 days.

jayriv798
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So my thoughts on the S10 Trade in.  i sent in my Note 8 as part of the trade in. It was declined as me not sending in the correct device.

I contacted Samsung to get clarification which they could not provide. I requested my device to be sent back to me. I received the package and was returned an S7 edge with a cracked screen. I am fighting with them still as it has been 11 days since receiving that. Mind you that an S7 was not even part of the deal. Deal was for an S9 S9+ and note 8 and 9 to get the credit. I never even had an S7 edge in my life. it was never registered to my account but they claim they sent back what i sent them. I already complained to the BBB and am challenging the charge back to my account.

I wish all good luck on there trade-in.

userRBwEh14X3b
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just had my trade-in invalidated because I didn't reset the phone, but that is completely false. When I sent it in, it was at the setup screen. I will not be buying any more samsung devices. This is such a crooked bait and switch program. I hope they are hit with a class action lawsuit.