JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Turning on HotSpot Causes My Phone to just Restart after Update

(Topic created: 07-28-2023 05:48 PM)
SMatt2284
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My Hot Spot was working like normal on Friday afternoon. I did the latest update in evening & then later that night every time I would try to turn it on, it would just restart my phone. Does anybody have a fix for it...besides doing a complete restore? 

45 Replies
userS11EZaPz6a
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem. My Hotspot no longer working although I don't know when the problem started as I haven't used the Hotspot in several months before trying it today. Neither restarting, resetting network settings, turning WIFI on/off, switching airplane mode, nor any other suggestions found online helped.

Member_mgH7HYj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine is acting the same way after the upgrade. @usernmsdvn97en_, please fix ASAP.

Member_mgH7HYj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unbelievable. On with Samsung support and their solution to them breaking this functionality is for me to pay to have my phone, which is not broken, fixed or buy a new phone.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello SMatt2284, thank you so much for posting. Welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand that turning on your Mobile Hotspot causes your unit to restart since the update. Mobile Hotspot can be a problem with your unit mobile data connection or your mobile carrier. Please attempt to reset your network settings. 
To reset network settings try the following steps:  Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset Network Settings
Passwords to Wi-Fi and pairings may need to be reentered after resetting network settings. If you are still having trouble you may take a look at this link for more information: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001245/

In the event the Hotspot troubleshooting wasn't helpful, you can use this guide and perform a factory reset. Use this guide, and follow the highlighted "back up" guide hyperlinked in the guide to back up your files and data you do not wish to lose: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060517/

mommabear0101
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, my phone auto restarts anytime I try to use hot spot. Very frustrating!!
AO3suser
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yep that's how mines is. But I've had my phone one for 2 hours so far and I have a tablet on the Hotspot and so far it hadn't cut off. Did u talk to anyone on how to fix the issue?