Original topic:

Will my s9 update past Android 10?

(Topic created: 02-20-2024 05:36 PM)
Esopinion
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Will I ever see my s9 get an update past Android 10. I ask not because I can't get an s23 I had one aside from the bigger screen. I still believe the s8 first and foremost then s9 s10 were the best Samsung. In fact although some of the tech that was included in them. Were and are still the best and basically nothing to knew since other than the 20 lenses stuck on new ones. But mostly only updates no real break thus since. So I just back to it got a s9 gray condition my only complaint will Samsung let us use them a while longer and throw us a bone for our dedication and update them?

7 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The S9 reached the end of its OS update lifespan years ago, and will no longer receive firmware upgrades or security patches.
Esopinion
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I of course knew that when I bought another one just days ago but I can still hope lol haha . I love the feel how they went out of their way to make fit and the whole user interaction is just smooth. Smaller than others but packed with everything you could want in a hand held device. Too bad . Thanks for the bad news lol but just maybe nah its done unfortunately. Thanks for response
ouwop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I say this with the upmost respect, there is absolutely nothing the s9 can do that the s21 and up can't. Nothing. You just love the s9 and that's fine .
0 Likes
userhU4f9oQRjo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

But it can't be updated!   I remain frustrated by this.  I really like the S9 and am simply not ready to invest in a whole new phone.

0 Likes
JoeElswick
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I doubt it. Samsung wants to sell new phones. My S9+ is stuck in Android 10 and the last security patch îs almost 2 years old now. Sucks for us but, that's business
Members_vL5XOL9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just want to upgrade to 12 so I can fly my Mavic 2 Zoom.  It will never be used as a phone, just for wi-fi and bluetooth connectivity.  The 9 will fit into the controller, the 10 and up won't.  But, I need Android 12 for the software.  DJI recommends 9 so I'll see what they say.

0 Likes
lotte
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Probably the wrong site but can someone tell me why my phone still isn't working? Had an update Monday night phone hasn't worked since I have a 22 ultra and no phone.
0 Likes