JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Group messages on a S20

(Topic created: 04-21-2020 03:26 PM)
user4w4ekpcBdO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

everytime I send a group message out or reply to a group message, my text don't go to the group as a whole, but everyone gets seperate messages from me.  I already have the setting set-up to be group messages, but it seems to not work.  Not sure if it matters, but i am using the default messaging app that was already on the phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
DonL1955
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I had problems with group messages on my newly purchased S20. Found a solution by turning off wifi and so far group texts are coming in with no issues. Now to figure out why wifi only affects group and not individual texts.

- Don 

0 Likes
LadyKd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I've been having the same problem on my S20, group responses come in individually, makes it very frustrating to use! So you just leave wifi turned off?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

what carrier do you have?

0 Likes
LadyKd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have t-mobile. I actually found a solution! If you go to messages, press the three dots, settings, more settings, multimedia messages, turn on group messaging. Fixed it immediately!
MaMazBoyz9806
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Had group messaging enabled and it DID NOT work. I am still receiving individuals text who are in grp txt messaging or I download their message but it sits there spinning till I get a "Failed" message
LadyKd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
that is SO frustrating! I'm so sorry that trick didn't work for you. I would recommend making your own post, instead if responding to a thread, and hopefully a Samsung tech will be able to help you. Sorry I wasn't able to do so!
0 Likes
MaMazBoyz9806
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes, indeed...FRUSTRATING!! I saw a post similar to my situation. Thank you.
0 Likes
LadyKd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
my pleasure. good luck!
0 Likes
SpaceOddity92
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have U.S. Cellular and this fixed it for me. thank you!!
0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes