Original topic:

S20 Ultra not receiving calls

(Topic created: 04-07-2020 08:06 PM)
userJmvrAskEUn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi

I am really annoyed with this phone for the price.

Great for internet etc, but wont receive calls constantly have to restart it, then its fine for 10 mins and drops again. I am with Spark NZ definitely no account problem and others in my house have no issues. SIM works fine in my S9.

Who wants to turn their phone on and off every 15 mins? Callers either get a message saying call person you called cant be reached, or it goes to voicemail. Samsung you need to do a bug fix for this !!. Seems to be a common problem across many carriers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CORTANA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to get the phone working again for those calls. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001613/  If the troubleshooting is not helpful, you will need to follow up with your service provider for additional troubleshooting steps.

View solution in context

79 Replies
userexmGaI9Thh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem with my 20 ultra:(

usermoxvO3J1Ri
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

very very annoyed.  such is the basic of a phone.  this will be my last samsung phone

0 Likes
userkUyHiAIQhJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Me too. Not just incoming call but sms too. 

cgavrielides
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here. The phone misses about 50% of my calls in Cyprus. They are taken straight to voicemail and SMS text messages are also not received which clearly points to a problem connecting with my 4G provider.

Same issue exists when the phone is on safe more (tried it after request from Samsung Greece). I changed the SIM but I still have the same issue. I sent it back to Samsung who couldn't replicate the problem, basically because it happens when the phone is not in use.

If I make a call myself, the phone wakes up and responds ok again. Same if I put it on air mode and then turn that off. 

Considering how expensive this phone is, it's really annoying to see that it cannot handle the most basic function of a mobile phone. I would be annoyed even with a €200 brand new mobile phone that did the same, let alone €1400. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

I also came to the same conclusion. Making a call seemed to "wake up" the phone and connect back to the network...

0 Likes
Samsung_oeGdvd2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the galaxy A50 just got it yesyerday my wife got the S20 5G 128gb not sure if its an ultra but my A50 constantly every call i get only rings on my end twice( maybe 7 seconds long and thats probably off by a second or two) and i miss them all the time my wife never hasnt had an issue yet( knock on wood). We have XFinity mobile.

0 Likes
Ataulf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I had the same problem. What is weird it that the signal strength is almost full.

What solved it for me was to go to settings,  then apps, and then searching for the phone app. Once there I would force close it, then clear cache and then data. No need to reboot the phone.

0 Likes
Ataulf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I was a bit too quick on my solution. The problem returned.

I had tried all possible solutions, and what eventually fixed it was to install an eSim from my service provider - this has, for now, fixed the problem.

I am already on my second S20 Ultra (the first one had serious camera issues; a dotted line was added across all photos), so if I had to have a brand new phone repaired or replaced for the second time, this would have been my last Samsung device.

Now I am just waiting to be able to watch my 8K footage from my S20 Ultra on my Samsung 65" 8K TV (Q950R), as Samsung advertised during their Unpacked 2020 event earlier this year ...

0 Likes
userMCKFuUqQwE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem here. Also Spark NZ S20+