JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

1 Week old phone with dead screen

(Topic created: 01-10-2023 09:37 AM)
canrilo91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I just received my S21 ultra a week ago. A couple of times the screen glitched with green/purple interference-like lines, but recovered successfully. But after a week of normal use (no fallings, no splashes, no deforming, no nothing) the phone screen glitched completely and stopped working.It is now as shown in the image. SW and touch are still working. After watching some walkthrough and with some luck and several tries I managed to wipe cache and even factory reset but the screen is still the same. I am able to confirm this because I was able to connect to an external screen.

Screenshot_20230110-112925.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Don't wait to start the repair ticket if the phone is really just 1 week old.  After 14 days they will either repair it or replace it with a refurbished phone.  Before 14 days you can get it exchanged. 

You can set up repairs here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ or contact customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

2 Replies
00x112
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Is it getting hot near top half of the phone?
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Don't wait to start the repair ticket if the phone is really just 1 week old.  After 14 days they will either repair it or replace it with a refurbished phone.  Before 14 days you can get it exchanged. 

You can set up repairs here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ or contact customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor