Original topic:

Android 11 update issues with app folder layout

(Topic created: 02-02-2021 01:44 PM)
Kyte01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello everyone,

First time poster to the forums as I am unable to locate any help with the issue I am facing. As of this morning 7:00am PST my phone updated to Android 11 and it said the update was successful. I haven't gone through all the options available as of yet.

However, when swiping down on the screen to check my notifications, if I tap on any one app whether it be a mobile game, social media, news or whatever, I'm immediately taken back to the lock screen of my phone. The selected app never opens and the notifications remain. Has anyone else been encountering this issue?

I've restarted the device a few times and disconnected from WiFi to see if there is any change. I don't necessarily want to reset the phone so I'm curious to know if there are any other steps that can be provided before I start the path of having to reset my phone.

Thanks!

146 Replies
Samsung_ReDXf6J
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Add me to list of longtime Samsung customers who want the 4x grid back. I can't see any benefit to having fewer apps per folder page, and like others, with my muscle memory I keep selecting some of the wrong apps now that they've moved location, having to slow down now.

0 Likes
Steeler
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Download the Good luck app from Samsung store. Then in the app download the Home Up and that will change your folders. Imo it's better setup then any ui setup 

0 Likes
userjQ3voTfE8k
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Why not add option to choose grid size? S10+ with this 3x4 grid looks really stupid and a big waste of screen space. I really dislike the solution where I need to download even more apps to solve something that was fine before the update. 

usern7LT15uTeJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Good lock might not work on some phones. Look for "FINE LOCK" in playstore,  and install the "home up" add-on. 

Thanks to those who figured this out, and boo at Samsung for changing this in the first place! 

0 Likes
user36wFts1HbK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

The online Twitter help is of no help.  Bad customer experience made worse by lack of any credible response, other than 'oh well.  How they did not see this coming boggles the mind.   Time to start looking at the iPhone.

@Hespy wrote:
Since updating to Android 11, all folders (on home pages and applications)  have gone from being 4 columns to 3.  How do I set it back to 4?

@Hespy wrote:
Since updating to Android 11, all folders (on home pages and applications)  have gone from being 4 columns to 3.  How do I set it back to 4?

0 Likes
userCCsIxiBihM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

This is fixed with the update of goodlock. just go to the galaxy store and download good lock. then on good lock download home up. on home up change the folder grid.

0 Likes
userjQ3voTfE8k
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Good lock is not available in all countries, Sweden being one of them.. 

0 Likes
userTW1D1EUudA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Fine lock works! I'm in Sweden as well and got this instead

0 Likes
JoelC86
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung- bring back ability to change grid within folders ASAP. Are you trying to be Apple now by removing useful features?!
userTW1D1EUudA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

This change is absolutely ridiculous and it was NOT mentioned in the update notes. I have autism and I cannot deal with huge changes like these, unacceptable to force such an update when there are people like me, people with OCD etc that could be BADLY affected. I'm very disappointed Samsung, very disappointed. I shouldn't have to install a third party app to avoid panic attacks, just saying.