Original topic:

Android 11 update issues with app folder layout

(Topic created: 01-26-2021 12:14 PM)
Kyte01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello everyone,

First time poster to the forums as I am unable to locate any help with the issue I am facing. As of this morning 7:00am PST my phone updated to Android 11 and it said the update was successful. I haven't gone through all the options available as of yet.

However, when swiping down on the screen to check my notifications, if I tap on any one app whether it be a mobile game, social media, news or whatever, I'm immediately taken back to the lock screen of my phone. The selected app never opens and the notifications remain. Has anyone else been encountering this issue?

I've restarted the device a few times and disconnected from WiFi to see if there is any change. I don't necessarily want to reset the phone so I'm curious to know if there are any other steps that can be provided before I start the path of having to reset my phone.

Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
146 Replies
BMG4ME
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Same issue here. Glad I'm not the only one that felt strongly enough to research this and find this post.
userFKo8Tu2EQi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Same here - wasted space.  And an extra step or two now that the apps are so spread out.  Defeats the purpose of creating a folder to have everything together.  Now I have to click the folder and scroll to find the app I need when before everything fit into one screen.  Change for the sake of change is ridiculous - don't mind change for improvements but this was step backwards.  Typical Samsung.

Ronich69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Once again, someone trying to justify their job by making changes that don't need to happen.

Icons are a bit smaller and folders are 3x4. So much wasted space.

I'm sure someone complained because it blocked out wallpapers but this should be a changeable setting.

Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usercOZRnSqYud
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Please appreciate that the update has essentially forcefully rearranged everybody's app layouts without their consent/knowledge/feedback.

If Samsung don't resolve this quickly, personally I'm now going to to have to create/duplicate new folders and completely rearrange my homescreen so the apps I need are quickly at hand.

Surely Samsung must appreciate that regressing the settings back to the equivalent of a time when screen sizes and resolutions were smaller is madness!

0 Likes
NannyGram
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I called Samsung and asked if they ever look at this forum. The answer was "yes". I suggested that they should think about fixing it because there is a boatload of Samsung users about to jump ship.

More of you should call
turbo_tom
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Looks like I'm not alone here, the purpose of folders is to arrange things to find quickly.  But the purpose is defeated when having to scroll within a folder.  I hope this gets changed back.  It makes no sense to me, you can have a 5x6 grid on the homepage, I'd actually like to see a 5x6 grid within folders too, not have it made smaller.

KielAswel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
HATE the 3-column folders (& that's not a four-letter word I use frequently)
umsinger
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Also dislike! 😞 About to install Nova Launcher.
uservmmsmmuot9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Can't even express how much I hate this change. Like others have said it's just horrible redesign for absolutely no reason.