Original topic:

Android 11 update issues with app folder layout

(Topic created: 01-26-2021 12:14 PM)
Kyte01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello everyone,

First time poster to the forums as I am unable to locate any help with the issue I am facing. As of this morning 7:00am PST my phone updated to Android 11 and it said the update was successful. I haven't gone through all the options available as of yet.

However, when swiping down on the screen to check my notifications, if I tap on any one app whether it be a mobile game, social media, news or whatever, I'm immediately taken back to the lock screen of my phone. The selected app never opens and the notifications remain. Has anyone else been encountering this issue?

I've restarted the device a few times and disconnected from WiFi to see if there is any change. I don't necessarily want to reset the phone so I'm curious to know if there are any other steps that can be provided before I start the path of having to reset my phone.

Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
146 Replies
Members_jvDMPry
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Adding to the post count.
I hate this too, change it back or give us the option to choose for ourselves.

0 Likes
user8bLNXEC0w0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Sharing my frustration as well!!!! My bf finally got me to create folders about a yead ago and now they are a MESS!!!! I'm hoping he hasn't done the update yet cause it will kill his OCD!!!!

useroOPEWeIWoo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
just did the January security update ( which is nice to get btw) but I was really hoping it would correct the folder issues back to 4 across in the folder, but no luck.
0 Likes
ToEKnee213
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Just happened with my Note 10+ 5G and it's so maddening to scroll through up to three screens for some of my apps. Please give us the option to set our grid size within the home screen folders!
0 Likes
userRFtW1VbThc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

The new folder layout is totally stupid and a huge waste of space. There should at least be a setting to adjust it. 

The general home screen layout change is terrible as well. Why was all this padding added? There is more space between icons but yet not enough space to do anything with like add a new row or column. So what was the point of this?

Please change it back or add customization options. 

Riggs78
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thought I was going crazy but I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one bothered by this change.
NUTZinTX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
SAMSUNG fix this folder issue NOW. set back to 4x4 or give us a folder grid option like you do the folder color.
schuman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
samsung, please fix this, give us an option or put it back to 4x4 grid. I've been a long user but when you do stuff like this, I'll gladly consider going elsewhere.
userNsoJz0sOs9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I havent updated my s20+ for some months and I decided to and I am greeted with this, locking us to this grid size and destroying my app layout. Im never updating OS again once this gets fixed and if they dont unlock it so we can customize ill just have to change to another brand... getting tired of stuff like this

0 Likes
NannyGram
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
My S20 updated this morning. Created same problem. I now have to take time to find the icon I need instead of just knowing where it is. It also took me from one folder screen to two. Very annoying and unecessary. This loyal Samsung customer is about to jump ship.
0 Likes