JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

App icon notification counter won't go away

(Topic created: 07-07-2023 10:58 AM)
jcubic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm using a new Samsung Galaxy S21, and I have this problem. First was the GitHub app that showed this red counter next to the app icon. I did not go away, whatever I did. I don't have any pending not read notifications. I open the app and click on notifications that I have turned off. And suddenly, after a few hours, it disappeared. Not sure what I did.

Now I have the same issue with the Keybase app, inPost (Polish parcel), and my Bank app (ING) it shows (3) next to the grouped app, and three of the apps inside have red (1) next to their icon.

What should I do to make them go away? Looks like a bug to me.

EDIT: I've just paid with BLIK (Polish payment system) with my bank and got 2 more notifications now I have 3 notifications from my bank and 5 for the group, that don't go away. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Pull down the Notification Panel and Clear it. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Pull down the Notification Panel and Clear it. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor