JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bluetooth Skipping with S21 Ultra and UCONNECT

(Topic created: 03-21-2021 11:05 PM)
AshleyNeil
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I got the new S21Ultra and I  am having issues with my Bluetooth having unbearable skipping when trying to play media through our 2011 Dodge UCONNECT system. I've tried a few different things with no fix.  My previous S9+ had no issues. Also no issues when connected to any other Bluetooth devices so far. Recent software update didn't fix the issue. 

11 Replies
Dauchman97
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It's a Uconnect issue I think. Same issue in our 2016 Jeep Cherokee. My fiancé's Iphone worked fine but my audio would skip all the time until I reset my phone or turned the car off and on again. This happened on both my note 9 and 21 ultra. We have a CRV now and since the switch, I've never had issues. You might be able to reboot /reset the infotainment system and maybe that would help but you'd have to check your car's manual to find out how
0 Likes
CJ619
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
hello Ashley. this has been a known issue for a lot of vehicles. since the vehicle is using older software for Bluetooth devices, the vehicles Bluetooth software may be out of date and not compatible with the newer devices. you can check out this link below to see if your Dodge uconnect may need a software update. you will need a computer and a USB drive that is blank to do this. there is a tutorial within that site to help guide you to trying to fix this issue. If you still have issues after updating the vehicles uconnect software, please reach back out to me, but here is the link to check if the vehicle needs a software update for the radio. you will need the vehicles VIN number to check for updates. https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html
AshleyNeil
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi there! I finally got around to checking for an update on our truck and it says it doesn't need one at this time. Any other suggestions would be awesome as my husband just mentioned he has started having issues with phone calls. So I suspect there has to be some kind of issue going on. He has a Samsung A50 and never really had too many issues
0 Likes
CJ619
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
I can look into it. Briefly list all issues that your having and please be sure to list what phones its happening on so I can give u answers
Mezz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I've been having the exact same issue in my 2015 VW GTI and it drives me crazy
0 Likes
Drichards
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
It's not the uconnect....I've done a lot of research because my s21 tra does the same with my vehicle and I've concluded its a samsung software issue
user8gilflmW3t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

2011 jeep Uconnect system here same situation I checked the site and no updates were available. The call audio seems to go over smooth, but the Bluetooth music audio skips to the point where its unusable. Hopefully you guys can provide a resolution to this issue, this may be the final reason I have to return the device. 

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I can see how frustrating this issue can be. I would recommend that you trying to clear the cache partition and trying to reconnect. Here are the steps to clear the partition on your phone.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
user8gilflmW3t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you for your rapid response, I cleared the device list on the uconnect system, forgot the connection in the Bluetooth menu, and ran the cache partition clear as well and rebooted the device, however after reconnecting the skipping in bluetooth music audio has persisted and further troubleshooting you can provide?
0 Likes