JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Double tap to turn off screen not working after update

(Topic created: 01-28-2021 05:38 PM)
doremon0710
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
For some reasons, double tap to turn off screen from the home screen stops working completely after updating to the latest software update. Does anyone have the same issue ?
I have tried restarting and turning on-off the feature in setting. None of that worked for me so far.
Please fix it Samsung.

My phone is the unlock S21Ultra for US market.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
Berayner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
what is safe mode ?
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Safe Mode is just like in WIndows, it starts your phone only with the apps it came with ot of the box.  Booting to Safe Mode allows you to s determine if the issue you are having is caused by one of the apps you installed...which is often the case.

Pull down the menu and press the power icon, when  the Red power Off button appears, press and hold it until the Safe Mode button appears.  Tap that and the phone will boot into Safe Mode.  To get out of Safe Mode, just reboot the phone.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Berayner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
i just did that still nothing happened.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Did you try the solution in this thread?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Berayner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
yea i chose the HD+ and i evem change the 120hz in to 60hz at the same time. nothing happened. i dont know i believe its the update. thats fine and thank you for your help.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

what is your software version?

settings - about - software info - baseband ver

thanks

0 Likes
Berayner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
is it safe to share it here????
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes the software version is safe to share on the page.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userTIEUFC2ZWL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Same issue here. Samsung s21 ultra double tap won't work even after a restart and toggle switching on an off the setting...
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

are you using any 3rd party launchers? the feature only works on One UI launcher

0 Likes