Original topic:

Galaxy S21 Bluetooth Dropping on Android Auto Phone Calls

(Topic created: 06-24-2021 08:33 AM)
userZ6suB77sUn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi all,

I just got a new S21 Ultra about 2 weeks ago and I've had MAJOR issues with making and receiving phone calls on Android Auto connecting to my Mazda CX-3 (2016) headunit. My phone connects to the headunit via USB but the phone calls and some other features all go via Bluetooth - including phone calls.

The issue is that every time I am on a call it will randomly drop the Bluetooth repeatedly at various intervals. It will stay dropped for about 10-15 seconds then reconnect and continue as usual and then drop again a minute or two later.

What's even weirder is that this only happens on phone calls. If I am listening to music or a podcast it continues to work fine with no issues. Only phone calls are causing this issue.

I have done the following:

1. Restarted the phone.
  2. Toggled Bluetooth off/on.
  3. Unpaired Bluetooth and then re-paired it.
  4. Cleared Android Auto Data and Cache. Then set up AA again.
  5. Cleared Bluetooth System Protocol Data and Cache.
  6. Reset Network Settings.
  7. Turned off Bluetooth scanning in location settings.
  8. Checked in developer settings to see if any settings might help - couldn't see anything relevant.

What I have not done, and would like to avoid if possible, is a factory reset of the handset. Only because it will take me AGES to set everything back up again.

I also did not have this issue on my previous phone which was a Huawei Mate 10 (ALP-L29) running Android 10 (Build 10.0.0.181) Kernel 4.14.116.

Info on the phone:

Model: S21 Ultra

Android Version: 11

Kernel: 5.4.61-21282179-abG998BXXU2AUC8

Build: RP1A.200720.012.G998BXXU2AUC8

One UI version: 3.1

Security Patch Level: 1 April 2021

Does anyone have any ideas?

6 Replies
Drichards
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having the same issues. I've contacted Verizon and they have helped by sending me 2 replacement devices (all s21 ultras). The issue happens on all the devices. Samsung requires you to send it in to then without a temporary phone for usage while they hold yours hostage for 2 weeks to "try to figure it out".

Unfortunately it is a software issue within the bluetooth because my galaxy watch 3 disconnects randomly as well from my s21 ultra.

I'm sorry you're also being afflicted by this issue I'm trying to work with samsung to resolve the issue but just know you aren't alone.
0 Likes
userZ6suB77sUn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Glad to hear/see I am not alone.

I really rely on AA pretty heavily so the disconnections are really inconvenient so I wish Samsung would get onto a solution 😞

Drichards
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
This is what I'm trying....
Put phone in developer mode
Get into developer options
Activate gabeldorsche mode
*some phones it works others it does not, that's why it's a developer option*
Screenshot_20210601-160137_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
userZ6suB77sUn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Any luck?

0 Likes
Drichards
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Unfortunately no, still haven't gotten an update from Samsung and still going through the same issues. I'm replacing my head unit on my truck and will update after a thorough test
0 Likes
Solution
Bill1426
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I finally fixed this issue..
What I did was go into my vehicles infotainment (vehicle radio), and go to settings, then Bluetooth, then pick my phone, and disabled "Audio Player". No changes were done on the phone.
I have not had a disconnect since..

I hope this helps others with this issue.